Cheap rectifire not working

theo305
Hello guys
I have purchased a cheap chinese rectifire for my dohc and was not working.
The seller wanted to refund the half price but  after a week of negotiations finally i got all my money back $34.
So after that i decide to hack the cheap rectifire and guees what a surprise.
The two black wires are not connected anywhere on the board!!!
Also the white wire from the rotor its shorted with a wire from alternator.Anyone with experience on electronics?
I was thinking to try a repair but i dont no where to connect black wires.Rectifire

Re: Cheap rectifire not working

sgtslag
Nearly all of the solder joints look cold...  Honestly, this is a terrible piece of work.  I would not even try, and I spent 3.5 years doing component-level repairs as a career!  It just is not worth the effort.  It also appears to be too lightly designed (wires too small to carry the amperage needed).  Glad to hear you got a full refund.  Cheers!
Maz

Re: Cheap rectifire not working

Maz
What a mess!!
I've not seen that many dry joints for years and I've been in electronics since 1980.
I agree with Sgtslag - Bin it quickly. It's a fire waiting to happen.

Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)