Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

Like the old saying says: ''When all else fails,stop using all else.'' Look for something different.

I've been fighting a carb leak for months now. I have replaced needles,polished needles, cussed screamed and almost sacrificed a chicken to the cause. Gas would randomly pour out of the overflow nipple no matter what I did.

Well,while fooling with it tonight it finally dawned on me that the fuel level in the bowl was not high enough to reach the top of the overflow tube I was looking in the wrong place.

Problem was I had a cracked overflow tube. Blowing on a hose on one end,finger over the other and a dip in a bucket of water exposed the leak.JB weld fixed it.

Kinda hard to spot,but here's the crack.it's at about 3 o'clock.

Re: Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

Piute

    Ya-no when that 1st happened (over flow) checking tube for crack was the
 1st thing Paul checked ,well told me to but he did.
   The other day (friday) smelt gas leaking while rideing to work & home by the way,
  I don't/didn't hink of it till I'm riding Saturday, So poured in some magic juice might get Lucky" Sea Foam ",Well couple shots in tank seems O.K. after few short runs .TOYs 4 TOTs tomarrow/today it's 2:30am(Party at house can't sleep).Hate to smell like gas while in parade formation,We have 54 people in are Lil "417 meet-up" group.(8-10 my lil town).

Re: Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

Piute
      Did some high rpm's(8-9k) tonight /day,Bike burped,farted and embearest me
  (i was towards rear of pack)2 new(2012) tri-umph back there,Will see how she does going to work may have a few leaks know that ran that Sea $h!^ ,through.Hey I had fun, Those girls can ride there 75o's pretty good ,for a girl

Re: Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

seestheday
Why is the inside of your carb bowl blue?
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

cdaiscool
seestheday wrote
Why is the inside of your carb bowl blue?
If I'm a betting man...

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/GME-plunger-It-lives-sorta-tp4026579p4032985.html
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

My cb750 video site

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

LOL   Hey,I'm a busy guy.If I'm not working my job, I'm working on a project.

I did find yet another cause of my leaky bowl issue. I was bummed when I fixed the cracked tube and still had an intermittent drip. Turns out,I somehow obtain every faulty part ever manufactured. The float in the suspect carb was soldered together wrong. You can see where one of the float thingies is pointing out rather than in. It was getting hung up and would just barely seal.Go figure...

Re: Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

alfa750
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Chronic carb leak fix-when all else fails

Yep. I seem to attract weirdness. Thanks though! If you need some stuff coated just send it. I know a guy...