DOHC Camshaft installation

Lambsfoot
My name is Kevin and I just picked up a '79 750K.  I am new to DOHC Hondas and could use some help.  I stripped the motor to refresh the rings and bearings and I am now trying to reinstall the exhaust camshaft but I cannot seem to get enough slack in the chain the allow the camshaft to thread through the sprocket.

I have pulled up the rear tensioner as high as it will go and locked it in place with the nut.  The dimples on the sprocket are aligned with the head surface, all as per the manual but it still seems to be too tight to thread the cm through.  Any tips or am I missing a step here?

Many Thanks,
Kevin