Lowering Seat Height best course of action please?

Vix

Lowering Seat Height best course of action please?

Vix
Hi, Just joined, as of today got my first CB750  however, being vertically challenged at a mere 5' 2" I wanted to know what make of shorter shocks I can put on if any? Any other suggestions much appreciated...bar putting myself in a grow bag! Thanks in advance, Vix
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Lowering Seat Height best course of action please?

lcochran
wow.  you are very very short.  The whole reason i own my cb750 is because my mom was too short(5'4") for it so i was next in line at the ripe age of 15 ha

Not only will the height of the bike be an issue but how wide the bike is(saddle width) becomes and issue too.

You can start by purchasing shorter progressive shocks for the rear and lowering the front.

After that you can take your seat to an upholstry shop and have them carve into the seat and remove an inch or so.

I dont know of much else?

Re: Lowering Seat Height best course of action please?

As crappy as they are, lowering blocks with the stock shocks will give you the better ride if you are heavy, or riding two up. Then there are the 11" shorty shocks. These are good for single up riding, as they will bottom out easy. you can get these for around $70.00 from tasclassicmotorsports.com , cyclex.com and other sites.
You could also switch to a 16" rim, and tire, but this can get expensive.
But the best way might be a new kit from loweridersbysummers.com . This kit uses spacers, and Harley shocks. It costs $150.00, and includes the shocks. But I just noticed that JC Whitney just listed new Harley shocks for $59.00 in their new catalog.
Let us know what you decide to do.

Vix

Thanks all, for the welcome and advice, think I'll go with the shorty shocks but will try to get them over here in England if possible. I did similar to a Harley Davidson MT350 recently and everyone laughed when I brought it 'cos being a fairly petite female both feet were about a foot of the ground! But it worked and I'm really pleased to hear the same can be done with this bike. I brought it on impulse and wasn't sure it could be lowered.  I'll certainly keep you posted on the outcome...Thanks again
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Lowering Seat Height best course of action please?

How are you mechanically? If you can weld, maybe you can "kong" the frame.
check this out.
http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/konging/konging.html

Re: Lowering Seat Height best course of action please?

mamalo65

I am so glad to see another girl on here.

Good luck with the bike.
Mamalo