Do you have a favorite tool?

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

Half-Caf
shinyribs wrote
once you learn how to sharpen drill bits on them it will save you alot of money in bits alone. I have some bits that I have snapped,broken and resharpened so many times they are just lil nubs at this point.
That's a good point! However, I must admit I was thinking of knives rather than bits  I have a certain chef's knife that tried to smash a grapefruit rather than cut it the other day
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

MarkPBG
If you're anything like me, always dropping bolts, nuts, washers, wrenches, etc. Then THE must have tool and the most often used has got to be my magnetic pick up tool. It's NEVER out of arms reach when I'm working on anything. LOL

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-mega-mag-magnetic-pick-up-tool/p-00946947000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

shultz_1978
I think I found a new favorite, Well maybe close favorite.
I am going to need a bigger garage. Picked it up for two bills
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

motogrady

for me, it's a tossup.

medium vice grips, or a 4 in 1 screwdriver.

together, a formidable pair

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

Butcherblock
Just a little advice from someone who sharpens knives daily. The grinder will sharpen you knives fast, but will burn the edge and it will loose its temper. Then the blade will dull very fast. Get yourself a good sharpening stone, then watch a few videos on how to sharpen knives. Its a skill you keep forever, and you will get lots of practice as all your friends will ask you to sharpen their knives!!
1982 cb750k 1982 cm200

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

trapper
My Leatherman... I don't go anywhere without it. It's on my side at ALL times.
I use it almost every day for one thing or another and I feel like I walk lop sided if it's not on my belt haha
It ain't a custom till you have customized it yourself.

1981 CB750c (current daily ride and build)
1980 GL500 (Stripped and rebuilding)
1981 CM450 (Stripped and rebuilding)

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

modularduck
Klein wire stripper/cutters. I have had a pair either in my back pocked or within reach for most of my adult life.

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

Rick7r
mine is currently the impact screw driver. can't imagine life without one now that i've used it so often

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

cblover
May favorite tool would be a tire repair kit. Why coz for 1 I won't be stuck having a flat tire and secondly I can use the Rugged Aluminum Hand Tools as a weapon just in case. I'm using Smittybilt brand which I bought from  4 Wheel Online.

Re: Do you have a favorite tool?

cblover wrote
 I can use the Rugged Aluminum Hand Tools as a weapon just in case.
 Just stay outta the 'hood!
12