Greetings everyone..

toytuff
Just found a real nice 1977 CB 750 K. Although the Vetter Windjammer will be removed the rest of the bike is orginal right down to the owners manual under the seat.

She will need a few things as we go along. Having a carb issue now so I'll do a search on float adjustments. She runs on starter fluid but there is no fuel in the bowls.

tt

Re: Greetings everyone..

Nice bike. Welcome to the forum. I would check for a clogged fuel line.

Re: Greetings everyone..

toytuff
Unfortunately the left side cover blew off on the way home. Completely destroyed. Bummer!

OK, I have fuel to the carbs. Very slow. Number 2 and number 3 are still not enough to allow drainage after leaving the petcock open. Number 1 and 4 do drain fuel.

Pretty sure the petcock needs replaced and would image a float adjustment is in order but I can't find any "how to" information. I know it's 14 to 15 mm but from where?

She is a beauty and I can't wait to get her running again. 23,600 miles.

tt

Re: Greetings everyone..

Very nice bike! Start on square 1. Pull the fuel line off the carb rack and turn on the petcock in both normal and reserve. You will most likely just have to clean things up. the petcock is super simple and so should not need replacing. If you get good fuel flow, the carbs are gunked up. Regardless, pull of the rack and tear it down really well and clean it and then clean it again.
The 78 manual will work for almost all aspects of your 77, so download it.
When you clean things, remove all the jets, 2 in each carb. The idle jets, wrap cloth around them and twist while pulling. Clean the needles and check for wear grooves and replace if needed. When you pull out the idle mix screws, turn them in and count by the half turn so you know where to set them. Also be careful, do not lose the screw but also there is and oring and spring in each. Clean the bushings and lightly lube them.
Now, check the float needles and see if the tip is worn at all. If so, replace with rubber tipped needles. Use a Qtip and some carb cleaner and clean the crud out of the seats. Make sure all fuel passages are clear and clean.

It sounds likea lot of work it will take some time but if done well, the bike should fire pretty easy provided timing is good.

Re: Greetings everyone..

kramit
Your bike is in very nice shape for the year. Shut the gas off at the petcock, and remove gas line ease
off so you do not damage rubber hose. Buy a similar size hose at least 3 foot long so you can put end
of hose in gas can, make sure hose is tight at petcock, you can use small clamp and tighten with screwdriver. Turn petcock to on position, and gas should flow in heavy stream. IF it trickles out you may
need a petcock, they sell on ebay for approx $67.00. Hate to see you spend that kind of money if gas
has good flow out of tank. The carbs may have stuck floats and may need to be taken off and cleaned.
You can sometimes loosen float by taping  softly on the carb - bowls. How long has the bike been sitting
months or years. Try hose to check flow first. If carbs need rebuilt you can put the money towards carb
rebuilt kits. If the gas is draining out 2 bowls, and trickling out the other 2 it probably is a stuck floats.

Kramit

Re: Greetings everyone..

toytuff
Thanks everyone. The previous owner installed new seats and gaskets. I don't think he did much else because the number 3 carb slide was stuck. Works now.

I think I should set the floats but the fuel flows only to 2 carbs. Might be blockage in the crossline not allow fuel into the bowl. I have no problem buying a new petcock. The tank is very clean inside. She runs fine on starting fluid so I know it will run. Might have to seand them off if any of you know someone.

Last time the bike was plated was 1988. The second owner kept it in his apartment for quite some time. He lost interst and put it on craigs list. I bought it the next morning. Everything except the fairing is orginal. The wiring harness clamps, nuts, screws, exhaust etc. I have the stock signals, headlight and mounting ears on the way. New cables, tank mount rubbers, rear shocks etc. $$$$ Front brake rebuild done.

Need some nice side covers if anyone has any.

He put a new battery, tires and chain on it. Paid $1100. Worth every penny to me. :) Pic is when I brought it home. Tank all polished now and without any dents. :)

tt

Re: Greetings everyone..

toytuff
This post was updated on .
Thought I would update everyone on the CB 750K.

Right now the side stock side covers are in for painting. I have OEM emblems to install. The aftermarket side covers shown here have been sold. I also have the front lower forks being refinished in the natural satin finish. The forks in the picture have been rebuilt and will be sold complete this fall. Another set being done for a swap out.

Carburetors should be done soon and also will be mounted this fall. I was very lucky to have found a OEM right and left upper exhaust pipe, never mounted out in Maine. WooHoo!

Speaking of which. Anyone had there complete exhaust pipe re-chromed? Not sure how to remove the baffles. Need to read up on this. The right and left lower would look nice re chromed if cost feasible.

So, without further ado here she is.

tt

Re: Greetings everyone..

Looking good! I remember someone telling me they checked into getting their exhaust re-chromed, and it was going to be around $1,200.

Re: Greetings everyone..

Dw07u
Really nice bike!

Would you mind emailing, or posting some more pics of the fairing? I really want a fairing and thinking of making my own, since I have to import and money is scarce...

email: mysteriousknightgsa@gmail.com
Dress for the fall, not the ride...

Re: Greetings everyone..

toytuff
The fairing was the first thing I removed! Boy, the parts you have to replace from removing it gets expensive.

Thats about the only shot I have. Sold the fairing for $50.00. Still have the lower bracket just haven't gotten around to eBay it. $20.00 plus ship takes it.

Here are a few.

tt

Re: Greetings everyone..

I just sold a really nice one with radio, CB, Quick release antenna, and brackets, for $150.00 A lot of guys are taking them off these old bikes now. I do not have any idea of what it would cost to ship one to SA. However it would probably be cheaper then making one.

Re: Greetings everyone..

Dw07u
Thanks for the photos TT

And I don't need one with anything fancy, Just need the wind of of me...

A friend of mine knows a local place where I can get a windshield, maybe that would be enough, thanks guys...
Dress for the fall, not the ride...

Re: Greetings everyone..

Asomatous
I hate it.. It looks terrible. You can drop that off at my house for proper disposal.
There once was a man who lived in a shoe. He woke up every morning and said "What shall I do?". After years of struggle and financial strife. He bought a new home and married his wife. Many years later he started to hate her. She didn't come home soon after, they were through. He traded her belongings for a bigger shoe, a boot this time.. Not one but two.. they were made of leather and they fit him much better. They say he never took them off, its true. He bought a motorcycle that was built in Japan. The Harley guys laughed, thinking he was less of a man, until he fired up the bike and let them hear how it ran. That CB750 how it revved quite quickly. Four carbs and disc brakes.. Hey, that's kind of nifty! He laughed and smiled as he sped away quickly. No destination in mind, he rode just to unwind. A new freedom, his dream come true...

Re: Greetings everyone..

toytuff
This post was updated on .
LOL!

Well, it's going to get yet another face lift this fall. Stand by for updates to the forks and exhaust.

Say, should I drop my other bike off?

tt

Re: Greetings everyone..

Asomatous
It sickens me to see such machines in this ill state of repair. You know what to do.
[...]

My little sister has a Busa like that. She says I can ride it when I go to visit her in Washington. (State That is.)

Re: Greetings everyone..

gitcheesome
Looks great. good luck with it.

Re: Greetings everyone..

That cb looks awesome! Mine might look that nice next spring. I may be forced to pull the engine to put in new gaskets so I may as well pretty it up.

Re: Greetings everyone..

toytuff
Just a heads up. I scored a really nice 1978 tank. I bought it just for the lower tank moldings. Molding in pictures "is not included."

Along with the tank came a complete set of decals. Decals are for a 1978 model. Yes, 78 was different than 77. The set lists for $125.00 on line and includes the side cover decals. I'll be selling for $79.00 plus ship. USA only.

The tank looks clean but at this time I'm not sure if I will sell it. Has one small ding. If you might be interested let me know. I posted some pictures. I'll get a closer look when it arrives. Price to be determined.

tt

Re: Greetings everyone..

toytuff
I have been away for a bit but busy none the less. I have a few more things to do but the bike is 90% done. Forks will be changed out and a new OEM exhaust installed. Yuppers, found a complete new exhaust.

1977 CB 750K

I also picked up a clean 1973 CB 350 G which I now have running. This bike was ridden 62 miles in nine (9) years. the guy had it in his house! Not the garage, the house. A few things to do yet but just a fun little motorcycle.

tt

12