HF's Pittsburgh tools: lifetime guarantee, no receipt needed

HF's Pittsburgh tools: lifetime guarantee, no receipt needed

sgtslag
I've read many postings bearing negative comments on the low quality of Harbor Freight's tools.  I agree, they are not the highest quality.  However, I just picked up an inch-pound clicker torque wrench, $19.99 with coupon, and a digital 6" caliper, for $11.99 with coupon.  Both are Pittsburgh brand, made specifically for Harbor Freight, and both have a lifetime, no proof-of-purchase, guarantee -- just bring it into the store, and they will replace it.

Like I said, they are not the highest quality, but the guarantee goes a long way in my book.  The clicker torque wrench is accurate to +/- 4%.  I only need it for the triple-tree head bolt on my Voyager, that I know of, but as this is a critical thing to front-end stability (front-end wobbles occur when it is not properly torqued -- yikes!), it seemed like a good buy.

I've used a mechanical, hard to read, caliper for the past two years, and I just grew tired of straining my eyes to read it every time:  chrome plated, numbers engraved; heck, I even applied a black-wash painting technique to make the numbers easier to read -- didn't help much.  It is one of my most useful tools, so the digital model made sense.  It is not the greatest quality, but it isn't terrible, either.  One of the comlaints against this type of inexpensive caliper, on other tool sites, is that the electronics fail, and even with a new battery, they wouldn't work.  With the lifetime guarantee/no receipt needed for replacement, I am not concerned.

YMMV, but if so inclined, check with your local Harbor Freight store, to verify the lifetime guarantee.  It may help those of us who need a specific tool, once in a blue moon, to get what we need for little money.  Cheers!

Re: HF's Pittsburgh tools: lifetime guarantee, no receipt needed

rrgunslinger
I buy stuff from them all the time.  I just wish they were closer to me.  I'm right in the middle of two stores, both 40 miles away.
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: HF's Pittsburgh tools: lifetime guarantee, no receipt needed

I feel your pain Gunslinger.lol. Everywhere i go is more like a journey than it is just a trip to town. I know i call them Horrible Freight alot,but I own a lot of tools from there.Good tools!