Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

edwinmedina28
One day out of the blue, I turned her off and she never turned on again...... I bought a new battery and all, no power at all. What can this be? All the wires are connected but I'm not getting any power? Did anybody else have this problem? IDK what to do, I want to go riding this weekend but I don't want to send her to a mechanic to get raped!

Thank you for any suggestions!

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

Sounds like the main fuse, or the fuse block. The fuse blocks on these bikes are not the best in the world.

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

edwinmedina28
Are the fuse blocks the ones located above the battery?

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

It depends on the model bike, you have. However I have never seen them directly over the battery.

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

edwinmedina28
Thanks Tools. Another question. I don't like the look of the gauges and I want to take them off, do I need them on to close the circuit or can I just leave them off?? 1980 CB750 Custom

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

Lucky 1
This is the bike you are painting army green right?

Won't you need a speedo to know the speed? Tickets?
Hate to have a cop behind me and no speedo.

You could put the speedo down low by the front forks.
You know one of those small ones. Cycle-X.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

edwinmedina28
Yea the one I painted green. I'm not too worried about getting pulled over, top speed on the bike isn't that fast, and plus, I'm a veteran, I haven't had a ticket in years!  I like the look without the speedo, the one I have does not work either way, only the tach and neutral light work on it so I figure just get rid of it all together, its ugly anyways.

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

A smartphone phone with a free downloaded speedo app and a handle bar mount work pretty good. Speedo when you need it,but a clean no-gauge look when you park itAin't technology grand!?

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

pat english
are you serious?

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

dead serious       maybe.....?   No,I am serious

                                                                                              ...or am I

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

pat english
lol..i guess ill have to google it...

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

Google what? A speedo app for your phone? They work pretty good. I have three of them - all free- and use them all to verify my speed. I put a Vapor speedo on my bike recently and used all three when I dialed in the speedo settings. Got it dead on. Bestbuy has a nice handle bar mount for GPS' for around $20. Works good. And yes,I have used it to text at stop lights before.

Word on the street is this guy has one. So you know its good stuff

that thing is awesome!
wes

Re: Help! Bike is acting up! No power!

wes
when i first got my bike, i couldnt find any of the fuses. a good bud of mine helped me find them. they where behind the headlight. talk about a hack job. i keep sayin i wanna rewire the whole bike, kinda skeerd too. as long as it runs...mayb im just lazy
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks