I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
This post was updated on .
Well here it is..thanks to everyone for your help and support
 The ignition, light switch, and push start button.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

That is soooo cool. But are you really finished?

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Nice! Normally a bobber is not my thing but that is really cool! Can't get much more minimal than that.
And, is that the ignition I see mounted in the left side case? Only thing I might add would be a minimal front and rear fender, but only cause I generally get caught in the rain at least a couple times during the summer!

Oh, and I would add some sort of air filter!

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
Thanks guys I'am done with it and I do have a rear fender but its only for traveling. That is the ignition, the wiring is not even close to the chain, the headlights wiring is running inside the tubing coming out to the ignition and the rest of the wiring is hidden under the battery plate. I also order a way smaller battery by Ballistic to clean it up. Otherwise there's no other mods or changes for now plus I like how it looks simple, bar hopper style.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

kandrtech
So you've round top carbs.  Any other engine mods?  How does she run?

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
All the parts I used for it are Honda stock parts or stock parts from other bikes. The parts are, a 15x3 rear wheel on a vintage VW tire, stock front wheel, stock rear brake, vintage 6 "rise z bars, fatbob gas stank, and a aftermarket cb750 speedometer inside a 76 Puch moped headlight with a 50's G&E glass light bulb for a car. Here's a picture of when I first bought the bike

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

That's one heck of a tranformation, Rusty.

I wouldn't change a thing! Just be careful going after that light switch when you're rolling along. haha

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
Thanks Shinny I did decide to get a little more power so I ordered the dual carb set  from Cyclex on monday and UPS just dropped them off right now I'll post s picture as soon as I'm done

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes wrote
Thanks Shinny I did decide to get a little more power so I ordered the dual carb set  from Cyclex on monday and UPS just dropped them off right now I'll post s picture as soon as I'm done
Here I thought you were finished.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
I know I know but I needed a little more power so I decided swap the carbs out. Cyclex didn't send me instructions but I was able to figure it out, but overall, I am very satisfied with a the parts and performance

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

I was wondering how those carbs would work without the idle control. Do you have any stalling?

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
I haven't taken the bike anywhere but around the block and it has been good so far. I am planning of using it everyday and keep it local, we'll see what happens.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

They definitely look killer on that bike. Did you have to support them in some way? I also noticed the reuse a stock carb boot on the end of the manifold. I didn't realize that. Kinda neat.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

shinyribs wrote
They definitely look killer on that bike. Did you have to support them in some way? I also noticed the reuse a stock carb boot on the end of the manifold. I didn't realize that. Kinda neat.
That is interesting. I wonder if they would clear the stock frame like that?

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
Thanks Shinny They have a bracket attached to both of them under the carbs. I don't know Tools, I seen pictures of attempts and they don't look good. I was thinking about switching them out and see if they work right next to each other. I don't want yo take off right now but I wonder if that would work? Unless CycleX already tried since they said it don't fit on stock frames.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Can you measure how wide they are at the back of the carb? They sure look like they would go between the stock frame tubes.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
Hey Tools, the measurement is 10 1/2 inches from the head to the top of the velocity stack. Let me know if you need anything else.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Thanks, but I was wanting to know how wide the setup was, from outside of one carb to the outside of the other. I am wanting to know if this setup will fit between the stock frame tubes.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Rusty Spokes
No problem... its 10 1/2 from one carb to another, or if you flip the manifold with the carbs next to each other is 6 1/2 width.

Re: I finally finished the 77' Hondamatic Bobber

Flip the manifold? Is that the last picture, where the carbs are really close to each other? I know 6 1/2" would fit between the frame rails.