Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

WesChaney
This post was updated on .
anyone have any experice with this? Also is a carb sync kit completely nesasary?

1981 CB750C

Re: Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

Hi, and welcome to our forum.

On the home page, in the upper left, type in

pods

in the Search window, and hit return.

You'll find a LOT of articles on pods and the CV carburetors.  Consensus is that you _can_ run pods on the CV carbs, but it involves some tuning, jet replacement, filter modifications, and several adult beverages.

While the look of pod filters is enticing, the carbs really don't like it.  To avoid headaches, try and run the stock airbox.

Re: Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

6Blackie6
Hi, I have a 1980 CB750K with a 4 into 1 header and the stock air box. I had a flat spot around 4500 RPM. I re-jetted to 105's and saw a complete fix. I think for open exhaust and pods you would want to try 110-115's.

Try the Vintage CB750 website, they have a kit for about $32 which includes 4 each of #105,#110,#115,#120

http://www.vintagecb750.com/products/6/fuel-system

http://www.killerfabrication.net/#!rat-city-bikes/c1ogs

Good luck!

Re: Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

WesChaney
Thank you for the reply! I just installed them back on with 120-102
It fired up and idled. But haven't ran it down the street yet.
I'll update as soon as I do.

Re: Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

WesChaney
Ok so, I ran the bike down the street and it idles good, but it is really sluggish and the throttle response is terrible. I think it's runnig too rich. Any suggestions?

Re: Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

You should check this thread out.
http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Shiny-s-1980-CB750-F-annoying-pods-td4044473.html

Re: Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

Re: Jetting open exhaust/pods 1981 DOHC CB750

WesChaney
Thanks for the threads guys they helped a lot
So I currentley have the bike running pretty well, the jets are 80/120
Fuel needels are out 3 turns and I taped up the filters to help with the vacuum and it was surprising how much that helped.

I just have two issues now.
It won't idle without choke, when I give it throttle the engines deceleration is very slow.

Now I did just do a complete clean/rebuild, but unfortunately I saw some rust build up dust make its way through the fuel filter, so now I'm wondering if the idle jet is clogged?

THANKS GUYS FOR ANY IDEAS!