Later Fellas !

And ladies :) Taking a vacation in the peak of the air conditioning season cuz I'm a bum. LOL.  Phone will remain off so I wont have to deal with customers. :) See y'all Sunday night! Peace out. Word to your Mama and 'em.

Re: Later Fellas !

Looks like you are well prepared for a trip, but where are you going to sit? Have fun, and tell everyone I said "hey."

Re: Later Fellas !

Enjoy the break, ride safely, and we'll cover for you here at Nabble.

Re: Later Fellas !

cdaiscool
Ride safe, have fun! I'm jealous.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Later Fellas !

Thanks guys!

I'm afraid this little trip is going to end up costing me some money. I finally found a nice DOHC F. Its not the black and red I love, but blue and silver with a blue frame. 823cc Wisecos pistons. 900 head,Cams and carbs. Ported head. 900 rods. Stock rear suspension slightly raised. CBR 1000 front end. Hurricane rims and brakes on both ends (super light, thin discs and 17"" tires...woo hoo!)

I'm still working on the guy, but he's willing to deal and I think I can get a bargain on it.. Couple dings in the tank and a rip in the seat cover. Crazy thing is the bike has new paint/decals under clear coat. Why not fix the dings!?!? Very clean bike with a reinforced frame. Specs to run in WERA. Very tempting. Probably should have someone talk me out of it. If I end up buying this bike the Buffalo will have to be sold.

Have a nice weekend guys. Talk to ya later!

Re: Later Fellas !

Walk away!!!!!!! You have a connection with the Water Buffalo that you would never be able to regain, and would eventually hate yourself for breaking. Those F models are all over the place, and this one can't be that great that you would want to get rid of your first bike, the one your friend Tommy (I think) gave you. The one that you have made so many new friends through. Why don't you sell the Old Bomb, or the Pimppala if you want a F$%^&* over DOHC F model so bad.

Re: Later Fellas !

Johnnylevi
do it
1981 SS with Kerker 4-1 exhaust and extremely attractive rider.

Re: Later Fellas !

Johnnylevi
although i spose tools is right. Find a junker DOHC F and bring it back to life shiny!
1981 SS with Kerker 4-1 exhaust and extremely attractive rider.

Re: Later Fellas !

Truck
Walk away, this is not the bike your looking for, it's junk... BTW, whats the guys #???
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Later Fellas !

Johnnylevi wrote
do it
I did ;)

Couple things not up to my standards.  Id like a better chain and the tires have some age on them(retired track bike relegated to street duty). All in all, I'm very happy with the deal we struck.

Can't wait to get this bike back home to Virginia where it will reside. BESIDE the Water Buffalo.

Re: Later Fellas !

easyrider12
Thumbs up goose!  I was waiting for you to join the DOHC club!  I also knew you could not go to sunday without posting! lol (or was that just working on AC)
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: Later Fellas !

Truck

Welcome to the DOHC Side Luke, err Shiney
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Later Fellas !

Now you are going to have to start stocking up on rotors.

Re: Later Fellas !

Pouring rain today. Not much to do. Snapped a quick, crummy pic of the new bike though. Got to ride it a bit. Brakes feel good. Seat is super comfy. Power is reaaly good! But it doesn't have the soul of a sohc.  I think I'm really gonna like it, but its just a totally different machine than a single cam. More refined, less old school brute. Time will tell if its a keeper or not.

Re: Later Fellas !

So I finally got to (briefly)ride my much longed for DOHC F today. The chassis is amazing,but the engine was disappointing. It's kinda complicated so I'll explain later. But as it is now the Water Buffalo would tear this bike a new one. In a straight line,that is.

I thought twin cams were s'posed to be fast??lol

It has a few issues working against it,to be honest,but it still doesn't perform (powerwise) like I thought it would. It pulls decent enough,but the sudden surge of toss-you-off-the-seat-power that my SOHC has is just not here on this bike. I have a few issues to work out before I can really make an accurate judgement. For one, it's geared to the moon. The PO is a twin cam CB750 guru and when this particular bike was on the track he said he could turn loose of the bars at 150+. It's geared so high that 1st gear doesn't even ''get right'' til about 20-25 mph.

Excited and disappointed at the same time. But it'll work out,I'm sure.

I'm actually starting to wonder if the Water Buffalo is stock inside. It runs better than some folks will believe. I mean, it will bust out 100 in 3rd gear (135+ in 5th and it's not even struggling) and I have had it carry the front tire at 60+mph when topping a hill a few times.Not to mention it eats rear tires and chains worse than anybody else's,it seems. Maybe I have more than what I realized? The chopper had the same compression as this bike when I tested them and that bike was a total slug in power comparison to this one.And it was about 30 lbs lighter! Maybe I'll slot that motor in this chassis.

Re: Later Fellas !

Hmm...I see the pics of the new bike didn't upload. I'll just hold off until I have decent pics,not cloudy cell phone ones.

Re: Later Fellas !

Johnnylevi
if you can find a cb900 tranny I think those are slightly better than the 750's... I believe the good parts work out like this 900 top end & tranny 750 lower and crank. Apparently the 900's lower is just a machined out 750, so the walls are much thinner... Welcome the the DOHC side shiny
About the power thing! My friend who has a 1983 suzuki gs750es rode my bike the other day and was really impressed. He said it was ridiculously fast, handled really well and had a bunch of power. His bike supposedly has 12hp more stock...
I'm excited to hear more on what you're doing with this bike!!
1981 SS with Kerker 4-1 exhaust and extremely attractive rider.

Re: Later Fellas !

Hey thanks Johnny! Honestly, the power on this bike is kind of an unfair situation right now. When the PO retired this bike from the track he just slapped on the stock pipes so he could have a bike to ride to work. He leaves for work at 5 a.m. and he didn't want to bother his neighbors. He told me that the carbs were still tuned for the open 4-1 and pods he had on the bike when he was racing. "Corked" was the word he used to describe the bike right now. Low and mid rpm power on this bike seems strong but the gearing is wacky so it's really hard to tell. 19-36 sprockets on it! 1st gear will idle down the road at 25 mph and will run 70 mph at 6k rpm. Upper rpm power is pretty sad with this exhaust. Just like the PO said it would be,it's pretty much dead once it hits 7k rpm. Up until then it's a bull! I accidentally lofted the front tire a tad in 1st gear when I gave the throttle a good whack at about 30-35 mph. I'm returning to stock gearing right now. Just waiting on parts to come in.

Once I get a few more dollars in my pocket I'm going to see about a better exhaust system. I really love how these pipes look right now. Kinda hate to see them go. Anybody wanna trade a 4-1 for some great condition stockers???

This bike actually does have a 900 tranny and clutch in it. The clutch plates and springs are Barnett pieces.He said the carbs are 900 "Euro" carbs??Whatever that means... I picked up a stock airbox at the swap meet for $20 just in case the pods do turn out to be trouble as they always seem to be. He told me that,on the track, he really saw no difference between pods and a stock airbox with a K&N filter. On the dyno he said the gains were "negligible". He said he stuck with the pods strictly to save a little weight and for accessibility.

I'm pretty excited about this bike. I'm just having to play catch up at work since I got back. Hope to put a couple pics soon. And no matter what my buddy Tools says...I'm not gonna let him rain on my "DOHC Side" parade.

Re: Later Fellas !

Since I have yet to see a picture of this bike I am beginning to wonder if it only exists in your mind. Anyway if I had known you wanted a stock airbox for a DOHC, I would have given you one. Also I have a good rotor for a DOHC, but your not getting it. now hows that for raining on your parade?

Re: Later Fellas !

Johnnylevi
I hear the barnett springs are ridiculously stiff. what say you shiny?  19-36?! stock is 18-46 haha that is crazy! I still have that old rusty kerker
1981 SS with Kerker 4-1 exhaust and extremely attractive rider.
12