My baby

mamalo65
My new baby!!!

I love this bike. I got her about two months ago. I have stripped her down since this pic was taken and totally cleaned her up. Stripped the frame, cleaned up the engine, changed the plugs, had the carbs rebuilt. I put her back together over the last week. Had some trouble with the carbs at first. Thanks to  wvhardtails advice on tapping the bowls to unstick the float. She cranked right up last night. She running a lil rough but have not set the timing. Still have alot of restore to do, but i'll get it done a lil at a time. It just a $$$$ thing.

Thanks for having such a good forum. Look forward to getting to know ya'll.
Mamalo

Re: My baby

wvhardtail
That's good! Sometimes it's just that simple. Unfortunately for me it usually isn't. Very nice bike! Look forward to more pics as she comes along.

Re: My baby

Someday I hope my 78k looks that good!
I got a softspot for my 78.

Re: My baby

mamalo65
Thanks so much got new points and condensers in today. Can,t get them in today raining like *%#&, tropical storm.
I am going to do the mechcanical before I do the pretty stuff. Rode her around the neighborhood yesterday running pretty fair.

By the way sorry I posted twice hit the button after I hit back.

Thanks,
Mamalo

Re: My baby

wvhardtail
I love getting new parts! Good luck! Keep the pics coming!

Re: My baby

mamalo65
I got the points and condensers on.

Got a rattle though.... sounds like one of the cam chains......
oh joy joy!!!!
Really don't want to pull the engine and brake into the engine.

Tried resettting the tensioner still got the rattle.  *#@%

Any suggestions??
Mamalo

Re: My baby

There's a few things to check before you start tearing the engine apart:
Cam chain tensioner
Valve adjustment
Carb synchronization
Oil change (dirty oil, maybe?)

One thing at a time. Patience... :-)

Re: My baby

wvhardtail
It also depends where the rattle is from. You can sometimes get a rattle from clutch basket.