National Cycle Windshield for '81 750C

Wagonpeddler
 Found a used National Cycle N2221 shield that, according to National Cycle's web site, fits my bike. Well, the shield might fit, but the fork mounting KIT-HF...also listed as a fit, does not. Had a new set of mounting brackets made, but the supplied "R" clips that go around the upper forks are not big enough. Have had no help from National Cycle, as they said nobody else ever brought this up as an issue. I hate it when people tell me that.
 My bike is completely stock. Any ideas?
 Thanks.

Re: National Cycle Windshield for '81 750C

sgtslag
I had to make my own mounting for an oil cooler.  I used a pair of U-bolts, and some nylon lock-nuts (lock washers will not work...).  Not sure this will help, but it's the best I can offer not being familiar with the "R-brackets" mentioned.  Cheers!

Re: National Cycle Windshield for '81 750C

I used a slipstreamer shield and it used "universal" mounts. If the national doesnt work for you, that might be the way to go.