OEM Exhaust

Lon

OEM Exhaust

Lon
I'm looking for OEM 4-4 exhaust for my 79 750k.  I purchased the bike a couple years ago, and it has a nice Kerker 4-1.  I want to get it back to the original stock look of the K model.  Is there any after market 4-4 OEM style?

Re: OEM Exhaust

I have never seen, or heard of one.

Lon

Re: OEM Exhaust

Lon
Maybe I didn't word this right.  I'm looking to put the stock 750k exhaust system back on.

Re: OEM Exhaust

Good luck with that. You might need to find the header pipes and associated parts there, then get some slip-ons. By the time you do that, you will be in about $600.
At that rate, you could get a new exhaust from cyclex, but it wont be a 4-4.
I did see a system on ebay for a C which should fit with few modifications. I also saw a left hand pair of pipes for a K, I would assume the same seller has the right but you never know.
If you get old pipes, you never know what shape they will be in.

I will say that brand new oem pipes will probably run you $1000 or close to it.

Re: OEM Exhaust

I do have some old DOHC 4 into 4 exhaust that I know would make one good set, but they would not be perfect. However they are solid, and could be re-chromed if, you want perfect.

Re: OEM Exhaust

Two years ago, I asked my mechanic about it.  He said I could order an OEM, new, from Honda...  $1,800.  If you really have to have OEM, check with your local Honda/independent shop, to see if if Honda still has them in stock.

The problem with any originals, is that water is a byproduct of combustion, and it gets blown out the exhaust.  This becomes a problem when the bike is not ridden long enough to evaporate all of the water out of the exhaust system, which leads to rusting...  Mine was fine, when I bought it, back in 2006, but now I have the lower right muffler with a hole, rusted from the inside.  It is extremely rare that I rode it less than 30 miles.  Time takes its toll.

I did find a forum where a fellow with a '79 K, had used slip-on replacements ($89/pair), attached to the OEM headers.  He maintained the 4-into-4, and it looked fantastic.  Only issue was they were painfully loud:  internal baffles came with, but they were still too loud (metal only).  I found a site that details how to quiet mufflers down, by inserting a series of half-washers, accompanied by wrapping fiberglass stove pipe rope around the original baffle.  Anyway, it is untested, by me.  The fellow who wrote the article has oscilloscope readings, showing an at least semi-scientific analysis.

Whatever you decide, best of luck!  Cheers!

Re: OEM Exhaust

A way to reduce the condensation in the pipes is to drill a small hole at the lowest point of the pipes. This allows the water to drip out. It is not 100% but better than nothing.

Re: OEM Exhaust

As many people as there are looking for this,it's kinda hard to believe the aftermarket doesn't make factory style replacement.  Hmm...business opportunity?

Re: OEM Exhaust

nadores
Did you ever find the replace 4 into 4 exhaust?  I'm looking for a nice used set (or reasonably priced new one) for my 1977 CB750K

Re: OEM Exhaust

Truck
If your in No real hurry I'm getting a custom set of straight pipes made for my 900. Should fit a 750 and it will be everything from accepr the headers.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"
Lon

Re: OEM Exhaust

Lon
I never had any luck. Have given up.

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

Did you ever find the replace 4 into 4 exhaust?  I'm looking for a nice used set (or reasonably priced new one) for my 1977 CB750K

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/OEM-Exhaust-tp3734311p4047386.html
To unsubscribe from OEM Exhaust, click here.
NAML