Owie Zowie.........

tooserious
I don't know what happened but I am afraid to ask one little whrrr noise and boom side goes off.......How bad am I screwed????

Re: Owie Zowie.........

easyrider12
Thats a bad way to start off the morning.  I entered "charging rotor" up in the search box and got 168 hits, a good start maybe.  Looks like your rotor may have shorted out or something.  Seems the rotor is usually the problem.  I think there is a user manual on here as well and a good video on youtube about a cb 750 rotor removal but you would have to diagnose problems with a multimeter first.  Looks like a piece of your stator hanging theregood luck with repairs.
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: Owie Zowie.........

I'm not real sharp on the DOHC,s but I'd guess that whatever rides those copper rings seized and went boom.

But,everythings is fixable. Hope you didnt get hurt!

Re: Owie Zowie.........

Lucky 1
For a mechanic just another mornings job.
Not a big deal.

Remove engine guard.
Remove case cover.
Remove stator.
Remove debris.
Remove stator bolt .,or what is left of it.

Install new stator and rotor.
Install cover.
Install engine guard.

But first I would get a cup of coffee.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Owie Zowie.........

rich
Zowie is right! Boom! Looks like maybe the bolt that holds the rotor on broke or backed out and went into orbit. Must have scared the pi$$ out of you or whoever was riding it at the time.

Fixable though, like Lucky said, remove+replace. ebay will be your best source of parts. You're biggest expense will probably be the charging rotor, it might have survived but they are fragile. The covers, stators,  rotors, and brushes, from a 79 and up CB-650, CB-750 or CB-900 will fit. So there are plenty available.

As an example, here's a cover with the stator and brushes:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80-Honda-CB-900-C-Custom-Good-Stator-Charging-Coil-w-Cover-Alternator-Generator-/290839681887?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b7655b5f&vxp=mtr

$45.00

89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

RE: Owie Zowie.........

tooserious

Thank you!!

Zowie is right! Boom! Looks like maybe the bolt that holds the rotor on broke or backed out and went into orbit. Must have scared the pi$$ out of you or whoever was riding it at the time.

Fixable though, like Lucky said, remove+replace. ebay will be your best source of parts. You're biggest expense will probably be the charging rotor, it might have survived but they are fragile. The covers, stators,  rotors, and brushes, from a 79 and up CB-650, CB-750 or CB-900 will fit. So there are plenty available.

As an example, here's a cover with the stator and brushes:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80-Honda-CB-900-C-Custom-Good-Stator-Charging-Coil-w-Cover-Alternator-Generator-/290839681887?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b7655b5f&vxp=mtr

$45.00

Image removed by sender.

79 CB 750K
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Owie-Zowie-tp4037645p4037681.html

To unsubscribe from Owie Zowie........., click here.
NAML

RE: Owie Zowie.........

tooserious

Thank you i think some dumb dude forgot to tighten the nut when he turned the motor to adjust the valves......(me) The rotor looks okay but we will see the bolt is gone...............somewhere on I-5

Thats a bad way to start off the morning.  I entered "charging rotor" up in the search box and got 168 hits, a good start maybe.  Looks like your rotor may have shorted out or something.  Seems the rotor is usually the problem.  I think there is a user manual on here as well and a good video on youtube about a cb 750 rotor removal but you would have to diagnose problems with a multimeter first.  Looks like a piece of your stator hanging thereImage removed by sender.good luck with repairs.

most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Owie-Zowie-tp4037645p4037647.html

To unsubscribe from Owie Zowie........., click here.
NAML

RE: Owie Zowie.........

Lucky 1
This is way past a multimeter check.

The stator and rotor if damaged cannot be reused.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

RE: Owie Zowie.........

tooserious

doesn't look damaged but we will see??? I have a new stator coming just in case . The rotor looks untouched

The stator and rotor if damaged cannot be reused.

Working on a CB750 Digger named Rover

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Owie-Zowie-tp4037645p4037718.html

To unsubscribe from Owie Zowie........., click here.
NAML

RE: Owie Zowie.........

tooserious
Thanks guys I have a staor and cover coming I looked at the rotor and it looks okay i may check it with an ohm meter no gouges or scrapes??? That is the brush base hanging........