Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Bummer. Thanks anyway bud. Fingers crossed on the cushion drive...

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

TOOLS1 wrote
Here is the floor board thingys.

TOOLS

               Not sure if there's room, they sure look good ,give me some time to get the Hitch done right only have sundays(early morns)to get thing done it seem's,WAY to hot in garage with dryer going every time I'm home, no vent(not my house/who am I to say).I'm looking to replace both those alluminum bracket's some how.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Shiny, Got your parts all in a pile. Should go out tomorrow. Sure there is not anything else, you need?

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

I dont even remember what all we talked about. Where you able to measure the cush drive and see if it was the one i need? It oughta be I guess. Where did we end up on the clutch cover?  Thanks bud and just let me know what you need from me.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

bikerbob
I need side covers for my 77 cb750k will these work, if so how much, thanks Bob

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

I'm not sure if they are the same. However I would take $75.00 shipped, for the pair.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

I have the bike stripped down now. It is the 78 F-3 engine with higher compression, bigger valves, and hotter cam. I started the engine before I took it out of the frame. It ran good, and did not knock, or make any strange noises. Also it has very good compression. The bike had 27.800 miles on it. We are asking $350.00 plus shipping for the engine as pictured. Although I am including the oil filter canister that I forgot to put back on before I took pictures.

wes

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

wes
thanks for the center stand assembly. gonna have it sannded and painted hopefully before the weekend.
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

sinjinle
is the tank still available? I am also looking for the cup like part that's underneath the battery tray!

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Yes I still have the tank. I'm not sure of what the "cup type thing" is, but I'm sure I have it.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

sinjinle
how much are you asking for the tank? if you look under the battery tray...there's a round filter looking part with hose coming out of the bottom. thats what i need. mine is melted when the engine overheated.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

I am asking $100.00 plus shipping for that tank. However I have another one just like it, but with a few small dents I would take $75.00 plus shipping for. I think the round thing is the separator. I would take $10.00 plus shipping for it.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

sinjinle
do you pic of the cheaper tank and the separator? the tank is gonna be cut up to use a seat so dints doesnt matter.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

I can get some Mon. Pretty busy tomorrow.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

sinjinle
Is the rear brake, disc? if so how much for the swing arm?

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Yea its disc. How about $50.00 shipped?
Here are pictures of the other tank.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

tonywaters
Hi there, new to the forum and have a 75 F. Would like to know if you have the front end (forks, front wheel and brake parts)? I would like to convert to the comstar and my forks are pitted. Let me know what you would want for the lot. Thanks

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Forks, calipers', axle, rotors, and wheel. $200.00 plus shipping.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

tonywaters
Very interested.  Do the fork tubes have any rust or pitting? Also if the wheel has a tire on it would you mind removing it to cut down on shipping? Thanks.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

No rust, or pitting. Removing the tire will not be a problem.