Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Paypal would be great. Just send to my e-mail r3000058@yahoo.com and I will drop one in the mail.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

PhilStubbs
Money sent. Thank you sir. I covered the PayPal fees too

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Thanks! I just got the e-mail. I checked paypal, but it did not show your address. Could you e-mail it to me? I will put one in the mail this afternoon.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

18Bravo
I just sent to you as well. I did not send any extra (my account is abysmally low right now) but I did send as a friend, so no charges incurred. You'e sort of an internet friend, right?
:)
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

I like having friends.
Planning a trip to the post office this afternoon.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

18Bravo
Cool. It's actually for my 750.  I never ventured out last night to see what the setup on the 500 was. I can  see if it'll work on one of those once it gets here.
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

I tested one on my CB 350 twin and it fit it perfectly. I would think Honda used the same cable end on several bikes to save cost.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

PhilStubbs
My research comes to the conclusion that most tach/speedo cables are the same diameter and can use the same plug. The only difference here being that the dohc Hondas have the cable at a crazy angle so the plug needs a small head.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

18Bravo
And yet there are so many different acorn nuts for the shock mount.  Go figure.
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Plugs are in the mail.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

18Bravo
Got mine today and they look great. Mine actually look better than in the photos - no tooling marks. Haven't mounted one yet, but it appears it'll fit quite the 750 quite nicely. As for the 500T, Unfortunately it looks like the set screw is too far back to engage the groove in the plug. The design is pure simplicity. I think when I have access to a lathe again I could do one up for the 500T.
Highly recommended!
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

PhilStubbs
Got mine last night. Looks good and fits well. Good deal for sure

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Thanks guys. Glad you like them. I was able to make some adjustments to the cutters I made up, and changed the lathe setup a little to improve the finish.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

I just had a request for another tac plug, so I am going to make up some more of them. However I am not going to just make them out of aluminum, I am going to make up some out of brass. Here is a picture of the new brass tac plugs. Due to the cost of the material, the brass tac plugs will be $30.00 shipped anywhere in the USA. The aluminum tac plugs are still $25.00 shipped anywhere in the USA. I will also polish them for an extra $5.00.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

18Bravo
Now I wish I had waited. Those are nice.
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Jayslat
Thanks to Tools1 for sending one of these plugs Down Under.

Fast shipping, well made and great communication.

Cheers Mate,

Jay

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Hey Jay
Glad to hear you got it. How about some pictures?

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Jayslat
Aha! Good point! I will try and grab a couple early next week.  I am away this weekend but will take a couple when I return.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

jkleino
Do you have any left for a dohc.  Can you shoot me your email thanks.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

I have both brass and aluminum plugs. Which one do you want? You can send $ to me through paypal at r3000058@yahoo.com