The Windsorite - '77 CB

r1101r
Hello Members,

I bought my CB a week ago.
Before I start with its transformation, I need to get it ride-able to pass the road safety inspection.

As I was taking the carburetors out, I started to notice some stuff........

-The throttle push cable was torn/disintegrated

-The throttle control is functional but the inner plastic sleeve is broken thus the twist motion is rough, so far that's proving to be a pain to remove because of a stripped bolt.  I plan on replacing the throttle control to something sleeker and more minimalist. Do you guys have any recommendations or places I could look?

There was a loose hose coming from the bottom of the fuel tank? is it a breather hose?

And Finally....

Could any one tell me what this outlet/inlet is for? it was exposed and nothing in the manual referred to it..

Thanks

Re: The Windsorite - '77 CB

Well the first part there for the cable. Do your self a favor and spend the extra amount for a honda cable. If cheaped out and got a motion pro cable and the push cable(one on top) seemed to shrink. No matter how I routed it, it would not go on right. SO right now, I am running just the pull cable. As for cleaning things up, I am not sure what you would clean up. The cables are pretty large and so trying to thread them through the bars might not work. You might be able to get aftermarket controls to clean things up some but that would be additional cost but might be ok if you are doing a cafe or bobber.

The tube in the third pic, I have no idea! It goes to the back of the bike and is probably some sort of vent. Keep it clear and forget about it.

The item under the carbs that you are pointing to is the housing for the cam chain tension unit.
You will probably want to pull it off and as long as you do not mutilate the gasket, you can reuse it.
Loosen the bolts but be careful, it is under spring pressure in there. Clean it up, old oil builds up in there and gums things up.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Re: The Windsorite - '77 CB

Here you go for a custom throttle http://www.lowridersbysummers.com/parts/index.htm just scroll down a little. Just a question, what are you going to do with your old one? I am in need of one. Also the tube on the tank is an overflow. just route it down behind the breather.
And welcome to the forum. TOOLS

Re: The Windsorite - '77 CB

r1101r
Well so far I am not quite sure on what I will do with the throttle controls... it all depends on what I could find and how good the replacement is, but from what you referred to me, and from what "Re-Run" is doing with his pull cable, I can bypass the push cable by just using the pull cable?

Today was a bummer because I called the local Honda dealer and the parts department didn't have and was not able to allocate a carb rebuild kit. I guess I should get back to e-shopping

Re: The Windsorite - '77 CB

vintagecb750.com has the carb kits. I have also seen the kits on e-bay.

Re: The Windsorite - '77 CB

r1101r
vintagecb750.com is based in Canada!!!

woot less shipping

Re: The Windsorite - '77 CB

Their shipping is not bad, and I think it is free if you get $100.00 worth. Also I get my orders in about 4-5 days.