WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

Hoosier Daddy
Looking for the gas cap lock / latch for a 79-82 K or F model. If you have a spare in decent shape I can polish and use. I've read that lock cylinder isn't coded and any key works so that shouldn't be an issue, I have my ignition key.
 11 days berfore the one I am watching on evil-bay runs out of time so I thought I'd check here first for a cheap alternative. Say maybe $10-$15 range?

81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

Piute

    Ya-No
   I was worried about loosing my stock key cause of fuel door
  and as you said all the other's work,I just thought I'd try one day,

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

free2ride
looks like ya gotta yield to the dark side and bid
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

                                      Check this out HootterDaddy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB-CL-350-450-750-NOS-HONDA-GAS-CAP-LATCH-KIT-KEY-OPERATED-/181083616320?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a296cb440

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

barelycompetent
Hey Im brand new to the forum but if you are still looking for one of these it just so happens that I have the exact one you are looking for.  It came off a 1981 cb750k.  I had my tanked repainted for my current cafe project and the painter removed it completely so I have one in good shape that I dont need.  If you want it let me know, Id say 15 should cover the part and shipping.
I know enough to get me in trouble.

1981 Yamaha XS650 Special(current cafe, code name El Diablo Rojo)

1981 CM400C, completed project (code name Home Wrecker)

1981 CB750K, completed project (code name Winter Blues)
SOLD 9-21-2013 gone but certainly not forgotten.

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

Hoosier Daddy
OH Man!!! I can't believe I slacked off on checking this!
Yes, I still need it. I will also try contacting you via E-mail once I get home.
 Hope you still have it.
Thanks!
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

Hoosier Daddy
barelycompetent: Sweet... and replied, looks perfect!

Piute: Thanks for watching for me Pal, but that's not the style My DOHC uses. Looks more like a SOHC part to me.
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

barelycompetent
Hoosier Daddy wrote
Money sent Thursday, You may see it today.

Ill look for it, if it gets here today I will try to make it to the post office, if I cant then for sure on monday.  Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing the finished bike.
I know enough to get me in trouble.

1981 Yamaha XS650 Special(current cafe, code name El Diablo Rojo)

1981 CM400C, completed project (code name Home Wrecker)

1981 CB750K, completed project (code name Winter Blues)
SOLD 9-21-2013 gone but certainly not forgotten.

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

Hoosier Daddy
Thank you VERY much!!!
Don't bust your hump, just let me know when it ships... not going to be seeing gas in this tank for a while yet.
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: WTB Gas Cap Lock - DOHC K or F

Hoosier Daddy
GOT IT!
Better than anything I have seen on Ebay.
Thanks a Ton!!!