Wear Gear

This girl was on the back of her boyfriend's bike when they went down. No gear. Helmet only.

" I noticed that my knees were uncovered when the little pieces of what I thought were gravel scraped against my skin, only to find out later that they were my actual kneecaps grinding against the pavement below them."

This is her video:   http://vimeo.com/22897515#at=202

Her website:   http://www.rockthegear.org/index.php?/mission/

Re: Wear Gear

seestheday
I read her story.  Damn that is terrible.

One more thing to think about: when I was in my rider training course they told us what kind of equipment your passenger should ride.  It should be the same, or better than what the driver has.

If you have a leather jacket and your passenger doesn't, give it to them.  Same with leather gloves.  Boots and pants won't fit, but I know I would ride a lot more cautiously if I was only wearing a t-shirt.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Wear Gear

MarkPBG
I've turned down many who wanted a ride because they had no gear. I would feel horrible if I was giving someone a ride and we went down, them with no gear.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Wear Gear

Adding support for the gloves thing. ANYthing is better than nothing on your hands.  The most normal reflex when falling is to break the fall with your hands.

Sad to see that pretty lady with a big case of road rash, but she was wearing a helmet, and survived.  So many don't. All The Gear, All The Time.

Re: Wear Gear

Lucky 1
She went on after healing and bought her own motorcycle
so she would be in control and not be a passenger.
On a Roadstar Adventure.