You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
2 cylinder with 4 pistons!!

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2009/12/21/ecomotors-opoc-two-stroke-engines-opposed-piston-opposed-cylinder/
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

That is cool. I like the idea. Could, you imagine how smooth the power would be?
TOOLS
P.S. I think it should be two cylinders, two pistons, and four combustion chambers.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

That is very cool.I love to see people invent things,rather than just modifying existing designs.Makes me think about an old revolving cylinder engine i once saw.The crank was fixed and the "block"rotated around it.Bizarre.Im going google hunting now.Thanks for the link Daddy-0,i love stuff like that

Re: You have to check out this engine!

You are talking about a radial aircraft engine from a WW I air plane. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hWZ40120BQ

Re: You have to check out this engine!

How about this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Z1LrmLHOUpg

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Another cool one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bNOLdhchA&feature=related

Re: You have to check out this engine!

TOOLS1 wrote
You are talking about a radial aircraft engine from a WW I air plane. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hWZ40120BQ
TOOLS
It was very similar to a radial engine,but exactly the same.It was installed in a car.I always wanted to see how the clutch was installed

Re: You have to check out this engine!

The radial engine would only work in an air plane with the propeller. There is no way, you could put a clutch, and trans to it. Also they ran wide open all the time. The only way to throttle it was to cut the ignition. If, you ever see an old biplane in a movie with one in it, you will notice when it is landing the engine will cut on, and off.
The cars had a rotary engine. Suzuki also had a motorcycle with a rotary in the 70's. A completely different engine.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Im gonna try and find this thing.It wasn't a radial or a rotary,it was a revolving cylinder engine.It was in an ooooold Hemmings catalog. It was crazy...i promise i am not...sorta

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
Honda NR750 Oval Piston 32 Valve V4  http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2010/11/01/honda-nr750-oval-piston-32-valve-v4-for-sale/
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

That was a radial. Notice the artical mentioned "aircraft". It failed because of the difficulty in throttling it.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Well,in order to save face,did you know that ALL engines' torque and horsepower values are always equal at 5,250 rpms?Even a diesil would hold true if you spun it fast enough.Interesting mechanical oddity

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
Why is that?
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

I did know that that is why those massive diesel engines in the big trucks only have 300-500 HP. However they have 1200-1600 Ft pounds of torque, and only rev to 2700 RPM.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman wrote
Why is that?
I have no idea.Every time we had an engine dyno'd we would notice it.We asked around and found that it just always hold true.Of course,we never proved it with a Mopar...they just wouldn't seem to hold together much above idle

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
 Ok Ok truce!!!!!
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Actually my buddy Wayne built an Indy-headed 514(440 based engine) and put in a '66 Satellite with stock suspension and a 28x12.50 tire,all it would hold without relocating the springs or getting into the factory wheel tubs.It went 9.80s in the 1/4 on pump gas,thru the mufflers and air cleaner on a single 1050 Dominator.It was his daily driver for a good while.I so miss that car.No need for a truce,if it runs on gas i love it.Tools will like this next part.I am considering swapping out the engine in the Old Bomb from a BBC to a SBF

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
  Wait What!!! Why!!
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

A 410 cu in windsor based sbf with CHI heads are hard to beat.You get the splayed valve architecture and breathing capabilities of a BBC,with the light weight of a small block. I can make the same power as i am now and save 150 pounds of nose weight.Only problem is a stock windsor block tends to rip the main webs out anywhere much above 600 hp.Seen it done...alot
12