You have to check out this engine!

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
Sell the impala and get this!   http://awesomeengines.biz/565ci-1000hp-bbc-bracket-race-engin/
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Sell the Imp?!?!Blasphemy!!!Thats my baby.Crystal and the bike can both leave before Darlene does!!!I found out yesterday of a 434 blown akly sbc that a fellow racer is selling.He is stepping up to a Hemi(i know you just smiled).I can get it for $4500 sans blower and sheet metal.A replacement 12-71 screw-type blower like he was using would run me about $5k but it was dyno'd at 2300hp.VERY high maintenance engine,though.Needs refreshing every 25-30 passes.Have you ever heard a big inch sbc with a screw charger turn 10,000 rpms?Its beautiful,man   absolutely beautiful

Re: You have to check out this engine!

MarkPBG
How about the kugelmotor? Four opposed pistons in two cylinders and both the pistons and the cylinders rotate within the engine "sphere". This would make a smooth running steampunk bike like nothing else!

Kegelmotor animation

Kugelmotor video

Looks like it's based on the Wolfhart engine, but with another combustion chamber added.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: You have to check out this engine!

steampunk....?  Im not sure what that is but i like the sound of it       google...

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Steam punk is COOL! Kind of Jules Vernish.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

I google image-d steampunk and came up with this:

I'm down with steampunk!!!!

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Yea. that's a good start.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

cityslicker
I love that design, its so right. and you can add to it. thats so smart. logic always prevails.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

samir_nayanajaad
Way old topic but I figured if anyone cared the whole horse power to torque thing, short answer is that HP is a measurement of torque over time. Long answer pasted below...(note this is why you should have paid closer attention in Algebra class)
Oh and before I forget another wicked cool engine, 14inch diamiter 14 inches tall and oh yeah 848 cubic inch displacement MYT engine

Have you ever looked at the specs of an engine in a magazine and seen something like "this engine makes 300 pound-feet of torque at 4,000 RPM," and wondered how much power that was? How much horsepower are we talking about here? You can calculate how many foot-pounds of horsepower this engine produces using a common equation:

The engine that makes 300 pound-feet of torque at 4,000 RPM produces [(300 x 4,000) / 5,252] 228 horsepower at 4,000 RPM. But where does the number 5,252 come from?

To get from pound-feet of torque to horsepower, you need to go through a few conversions. The number 5,252 is the result of lumping several different conversion factors together into one number.

First, 1 horsepo­wer is defined as 550 foot-pounds per second (read How Horsepower Works to find out how they got that number). The units of torque are pound-feet. So to get from torque to horsepower, you need the "per second" term. You get that by multiplying the torque by the engine speed.

But engine speed is normally referred to in revolutions per minute (RPM). Since we want a "per second," we need to convert RPMs to "something per second." The seconds are easy -- we just divide by 60 to get from minutes to seconds. Now what we need is a dimensionless unit for revolutions: a radian. A radian is actually a ratio of the length of an arc divided by the length of a radius, so the units of length cancel out and you're left with a dimensionless measure.

You can think of a revolution as a measurement of an angle. One revolution is 360 degrees of a circle. Since the circumference of a circle is (2 x pi x radius), there are 2-pi radians in a revolution. To convert revolutions per minute to radians per second, you multiply RPM by (2-pi/60), which equals 0.10472 radians per second. This gives us the "per second" we need to calculate horsepower.

Let's put this all together. We need to get to horsepower, which is 550 foot-pounds per second, using torque (pound-feet) and engine speed (RPM). If we divide the 550 foot-pounds by the 0.10472 radians per second (engine speed), we get 550/0.10472, which equals 5,252.

So if you multiply torque (in pound-feet) by engine speed (in RPM) and divide the product by 5,252, RPM is converted to "radians per second" and you can get from torque to horsepower -- from "pound-feet" to "foot-pounds per second."

For related articles on torque, horsepower and engines, check out the links on the next page.
Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to god one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

 i feel a bit woozy....good info!Thanks bud

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Ain't you slick! Thx for the $ btw

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
No thank you!  UPS did bang her up pretty good though, but at least I can show the girls how to fix dents!
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

UPS SUCKS! You should use FedEx.

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman wrote
No thank you!  UPS did bang her up pretty good though, but at least I can show the girls how to fix dents!
What?!?!GGGRRRR   that pisses me off!   How bad is it?

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Daddyman
looks like a baseball hit it twice in the top about 1/4" deep
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: You have to check out this engine!

ooh   thats sucks    apologize to the gals for me

Re: You have to check out this engine!

Anybody who ships with UPS should be hit twice on the top with a baseball bat.

Re: You have to check out this engine!