cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

Angelcabreraa
I'm looking at doing this swap and want to know what does it take to swap it and is it difficult? Ive found few right ups but none are clear as to what works and what doesn't

Re: cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

As long as the frame is not a "C" model, it is a bolt in.

Re: cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

Angelcabreraa
Cool beans thanks appreciate it!

Re: cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

Oooops. I meant as long as the engine is not a "C" model.

Re: cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

Angelcabreraa
Lol ok cool, my bike is 79 and so is the motor it'll plug right in correct no wiring needed

Re: cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

Truck
The "C" motor has a built in 2-stage transmission. It will only fit into a "c" frame. The F model doesn't have this tranny and should drop right into your frame.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

Angelcabreraa
Cool beans how do you like you cb900, good power? Much of a difference is it worth it? I found a 900 motor for the same price as a 750 so why not

Ok cool thanks man i appreciate it, i just bought it'll be at my door step on Wednesday or Thursday and hopefully running in the bike the same day

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

Angelcabreraa
Ok so i received the cb900 motor on Wednesday and went ahead  and pulled the 750 out the frame and threw the 900 in few minutes after. Ok so the 900 motor does bolt up but you have to shave all 4 ruber bushing to sit flush with the case. Youll have to add spacers on top top rear motor mounts. Besides that everything bolts right up, i put the 750 carbs on it and they work just fine. The clutch was slipping so i adjusted that and it barely slips now. The motor wasn't  charging the battery so i swapped out the rotor with a new one. Now was to performance, jesus christ this thing picks up and moves on a dime, way faster than the 750 i would recommend this swap to anyone with comon sence.

Re: cb750 frame compatible with a cb900?

Jonathan daugherty
What year and model is the bike and the new motor if you don’t mind me asking