cb900 with sidecar

sidecar special
we recently acquired a 1980 cb900 with a sidecar. the sidecar has the cb900 emblems on the back as well as the Honda eagle, but we cant find any info about it. its in rough shape, and came to us with no background other than it was last registered in Arizona in 2001. any ideas where we could look for information would be appreciated.

Re: cb900 with sidecar

Truck
What exactly are you looking for? Info on bike, side car...? And how about some pics?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: cb900 with sidecar

seestheday
I would guess that the sidecar is a custom job.  I don't believe Honda made them.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: cb900 with sidecar

lostson
I don't think honda made these, probably a custom job. Would love to see some pics I have a disabled son and would love to get a sidecar setup so I can take him with me on rides.

Re: cb900 with sidecar

sidecar special
heres a couple of pics. it needs a lot of work!front rightback of sidecar

Re: cb900 with sidecar

sidecar special
im looking for any info anyone might have on the bike and or sidecar. links to sites giving specs  and pics of any setups that might be similar. I cant find very many references to the cb900 with a sidecar attachment.

Re: cb900 with sidecar

Are there any markings on the frame or bodywork of the sidecar? Maybe even an emblem stamped in to it to determine the manufacturer? There might be something on the wheel or even under the seat.

And it's hard to tell in the pics,but the frame mounts for the sidecar rig seem to be universal pinch mounts. Probably not Honda(or any bike manufacturer) would have used for a factory built piece.

Very cool. Very interesting. I see Google creeping in to my sleep schedule tonight....

Re: cb900 with sidecar

Butcherblock
That is awesome, the sidecar looks like it could fly! My kids would love it!
1982 cb750k 1982 cm200

Re: cb900 with sidecar

Lucky 1
Very sad scene.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: cb900 with sidecar

mantree
It looks to be a California freindship sidecar

This is oneof the first of the freindship line befor the flip up for nose like you have

Re: cb900 with sidecar

d9canada
Sidecar Special - if you want good info on the 900C, the Yahoo group Honda CB900CCB1000C is the place to go.  There's lots of us with multiple bikes, lots of experience, files with "how to" and links to the FSM.  The "how to" stuff is very handy because the FSM never took into account someone trying to work on a 30 year old bike.  That looks like a very nice package.  I realize this thread started a couple years ago.  I hope you've managed to resurrect that beast.  The 900C is an awesome bike to ride.  Oh btw, if you get a copy of Clymer's manual M340 for Honda GL1000 & GL1100 (the early Goldwings) there is an excellent section on sidecar setup options for toe-in, bike angle, etc.
Cheers
Brian
Brian

Honda 4s - 350F to 900F