check out this trike

cheesehead
saw on my daily craigslist check today, first I've seen. $800, hmmm..

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/2489337426.html

1981 CB750k  -  SOLD it and regretting it!

Eastern Ohio, Tri-State Area

Re: check out this trike

The bike is worth $800.00. However I would trash the trike idea.

Re: check out this trike

cheesehead
I don't want it, just thought it was odd/interesting looking. If I were going to spend $800 I would get a more road-ready one. Heck, I paid $700 for mine.
1981 CB750k  -  SOLD it and regretting it!

Eastern Ohio, Tri-State Area

Re: check out this trike

cb shwank

this one rolled into my rumage sale yesterday, i would 've traded everything in my sale for it, but it never came to that.
wisconsin

Re: check out this trike

 Gee thanks,now im gonna have nightmares!!!  not really jk    i think its cool whenever somebody builds anything different,and this is definitely different!!  Never knew toyota had chain drive rearends  haha    wonder if the swing arm is salvageable?

Re: check out this trike

Peterwh
It's just my opinion, and maybe I should keep it to myself, but that's one of the worst looking heaps of junk I've ever seen - the Honda one I mean.  It's sacrilege to turn a cb750 into that.

Re: check out this trike

Peterwh wrote
It's just my opinion, and maybe I should keep it to myself, but that's one of the worst looking heaps of junk I've ever seen - the Honda one I mean.  It's sacrilege to turn a cb750 into that.
dont hold back peter...tell us how you really feel   hahaha

Re: check out this trike

Piute
I like trikes ,So the guy used what he had ?you can spend 3-7K on just the rear,all aluminum,and pretty then cover with lossy glass n bondo,I'd be different ,how about a straight eight,2 Fours side by side,instead of in line ? Thought about that the other day.I used to get stuck in Yosemite valley because the snow would melt ,and then freeze crossing the road in shaded areas,slid out into snow bank 1's,been caught in sand storm in Tex.then wind and rain looked to be come from ground, these days I did enjoy the experiences(i lived).Begaining to get to the top of the hill(life)and going to ride the other side till thee end. A trike will do that fo me,..Piute N Judosefreedom

Re: check out this trike

Peterwh
I like trikes too, just not this one.  I also think the CB750 SOHC os close to perfection and doesn't need to be adulterated - something to do with a mis-spent youth in the 70s

Re: check out this trike

I dont mind trikes either. I like the roadhawk trikes.
This one is just an accident figuratively and probably literally!
I suppose maybe if he got a differential on that axle, some paint and sheet metal, it might not be too bad.

I like the line about the horsepower increasing ard. I suppose you might gain 1 hp out of the deal!

Re: check out this trike

I know what, you mean about the weather in TX. I once was driving across the panhandle, and it was raining, so hard I had fish swimming past my windshield.

Re: check out this trike

I have a retired engine out of my race car, blown pump gas 468 ci big block chevy   makes a decent amount of power for a pump gas engine  right around 650-675 hp     a spare powerglide     10 bolt rear out of a 74 Nova.....  now THAT would be a trike!!!!

Re: check out this trike

I have a 77 ElCamino that all those parts would be perfect for.

Re: check out this trike

 I love elcaminos!!!  Love to own a '59!!  Do you know what El Camino means in spanish?   i'll ask before i tell you because i dont speak spanish and dont want to look stupid     but i have heard.....

Re: check out this trike

I used to have a 1960 ElCamino. I believe it is sidewalk, or pathway.

Re: check out this trike

rich
I had a 77  El Camino. There wasn't much love for the 73-77 model years but I liked mine. Only sold it last summer. I had it for nearly 20 years.

I still got some taillight lenses for it if you need any, might have OEM door hinges too. Can't remember if I gave them to the kid who bought it or not.

In Spanish, El Camino, means "The Way". I always though it meant the road.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: check out this trike

That is one nice ElCamino! How could, you sell it after 20 years? I have also had a 71 with a 400 big block, a 73 that I learned to drive in(as well as other things), and a 76. I like the 73-78 myself.

Re: check out this trike

rich
It didn't look near that good by the time I let it go. I quit driving it in 2002 when the transmission started acting up. The valve guides seals were bad and would foul a plug from time to time also. I needed some cash last year and some kid and his dad just happened to stop by an inquire about it so I let it go. I figured I never get around to rebuilding it. Here's what she looked like last year when I sold here. The first picture is from about 1993 when I moved to Topeka from San Diego where I got the car.
After 8 years of neglect

89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: check out this trike

Still looks pretty good. I brought mine from South Carolina. Mine is suffering from a cracked head. I need a good, or rebuildable 350.

Re: check out this trike

I was told that Camaro meant good friend   and that El Camino meant friend for the road      who knows    im glad to know im not the only car guy on here!!   Keep those chevys rolling!!!...all others can rot    no no no  im just kidding
12