cylinder studs

Kirk Creswick
Do cylinder studs have a different thread than a normal bolt?
There are three paths to knowlege:
Imitation is the easiest
Reflection is the noblest
Experience is the bitterest
Confucious

Re: cylinder studs

shultz_1978
I was going to check mine but looked on your are working on a dohc. All I have are single. Sorry
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: cylinder studs

Burro
The exhaust studs on a sohc are available from autozone nut an bolt issle in a kit don't know for dohc  but I think they are the same.
I'll believe that corporations are people when Texas executes one!

Re: cylinder studs

Lucky 1
They are metric threads.

Match them up visually.

Thread them in by hand!
If they will not thread in easily by hand then they
are not a match.

There are fine thread metric and coarse thread metric.
Usually they use coarse threads in aluminum cylinder heads.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: cylinder studs

Lucky 1
You can order the OEM studs  through Bike Bandit also.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: cylinder studs

shultz_1978 wrote
I was going to check mine but looked on your are working on a dohc. All I have are single. Sorry
 Atta boy....