my 76K rat cafe

Chevelle 540
1976 CB750K
1973 CB750K

1970 Chevelle SS540

Re: my 76K rat cafe

Rat cafe huh! 1 mirror, drag pipes, no fork brace. Well at least you still got the stock air box!

Its not that ratty lookin!

Re: my 76K rat cafe

pat english
looks pretty sick,but yeah i dont think its ratty lookin either.(i think you got paint the tank and fender flat black and the wheels red for it to be a rat bike)

Re: my 76K rat cafe

chevelle 540
Ok it's not a rat I think it's ratty since I never wash it and has patina. I think it runs better with stock air box.

Re: my 76K rat cafe

pat english
yeah it loks pretty nice though.i like the tires and pipes.di dyou make the pipes?

Re: my 76K rat cafe

dave Esch
I think the bike looks tits. How comfortable is that seat though? I keep seeing them like that and the cushion looks so thin. That's the look I went for with my homemade jobber but I added a lot more cushy for my tooshy.

Re: my 76K rat cafe

mluk1
Those drag pipes are awesome, did you make those yourself? I want to do the same to my 77 cb750f, I was going to just cut the stock pipes but took a closer look and they were twisted at different angles (instead of straight like yours).

Re: my 76K rat cafe

Chevelle 540
I think those are made by Mac.you can cut down some pipes but these bikes like back pressure so exhaust should have a baffle.A stock air box also really makes these bikes run so much better.

From: "mluk1 [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 20:54:27 -0700 (PDT)
To: Chevelle 540<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: my 76K rat cafe

Those drag pipes are awesome, did you make those yourself? I want to do the same to my 77 cb750f, I was going to just cut the stock pipes but took a closer look and they were twisted at different angles (instead of straight like yours).

1976 CB750K
1973 CB750K

1970 Chevelle SS540

Re: my 76K rat cafe

mluk1
There are some Mac drag pipes on ebay, but they're quite expensive. But they don't wrap all the way down under the engine. I'm thinking I might try and make some over the winter. I am running a stock airbox on mine, but with the drag pipes I was thinking about putting those 4" baffles they sell off ebay for bobbers/choppers and what not. Would that help with the back pressure? Or are those just a waste of time?