the wave

hambone
first i want to say im riding and having fun thanks in large part to everyone on this sight.now what is it with the the wave?i waved to all riders.the harley riders seldom wave....so i stopped waving for awhile and it just didnt feel right so now im back to waving at all.i own a harley too but just dont get it...my honda 750f is what i ride daily and i truelly believe you meet the nicest people on a honda !!
80 cb750f,80 cb 900c,80 cm 200,83 xlx,75 xlh

Re: the wave

Welcome to the club.

Re: the wave

Truck
I had a guy on a scooter wave me the other day, lookes like a sport bike from the front. Had to lauph, but I waved back all the same. Hell, guy atleast was on 2 wheels!
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: the wave

As long as waving doesn't interfere with the ride (taking off from a light, turning, adjusting the idle), I'll wave to anyone on two wheels.  If they wave back, it's cool.  If they don't, it's cool. It IS pretty neat to be part of that "fraternity".

Also, I hardly ever wave when I'm on the freeway.  I rarely see the bikes in the oncoming traffic, and I typically have my hands full avoiding cagers in my own traffic.  But, if I pull up to another biker in my traffic, I'll flash them the sign.

My son, on his 250 Ninja, just does a little peace sign from the left handlebar.  He's much cooler than me.

Re: the wave

maybe73
Not a wave. More of a drop of the left hand. Got to look cool! About 75% of bikes give the left hand. Where ever I stop, people want to know what I'm riding. Always friendly people.

Re: the wave

I notice that on my cb, I get more waves from harley riders than I do when on my fz.

Re: the wave

I take both hands off the bars and wave them wildly in the air above my head.

Re: the wave

maybe73
OUTSTANDING, KEEP IT UP TOOLS1.

Re: the wave

hambone
lol.thanks for the great feedback..i feel much better now!! i waved all day today
80 cb750f,80 cb 900c,80 cm 200,83 xlx,75 xlh

Re: the wave

mikeyboy1
I too get the same s--- from harleys.I wave anyway.if they dont wave back ,it turns into the bird

Re: the wave

Most of the people on Harleys do not have enough experience riding motorcycles to feel comfortable enough to remove one hand from the handle bars to wave, so do not take it too personally.

Re: the wave

Yeah a lot of hd riders are older men who finally have their first bike.

Re: the wave

Truck
Next time I'm on a group ride I'm going to try and start a real wave, just like in the stadiums!
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: the wave

TuneAfish
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: the wave

That's "TOOLS1" to you MoFo!
You are welcome to your opinion, but not welcome to make personal insults.
TOOLS
tuneAfish wrote
TOOLS1 wrote
Most of the people on Harleys do not have enough experience riding motorcycles to feel comfortable enough to remove one hand from the handle bars to wave, so do not take it too personally.
TOOLS
You are soooo wrong! You know, I have been in this game for 45 years and never have I seen such a negative nanny, "most" HD owners are lifers and probably less than 10 percent are novice riders... where do you come up with this stuff?

Tool! the name suits you.

Re: the wave

Given that many new riders are already 40+, it is very naive to think that all hd riders are lifers. Indeed, many are not and are just getting into the game. Kids out of the house, more money, ect. These people now are buying bikes and many go for that new chrome decked hd and the image that comes with it.

You don't have to agree with me though, or anyone else, but yanking at a person's name isn't the way to have an adult conversation.

Ultimately, the only people that care about your "years" are people that have only been around a couple. I have 30 years, Tools probably has more than me. Does it make us, or you, special? Nope, it just means we have made it this far.

Re: the wave

TuneAfish
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: the wave

As you will. Everyone has their own opinion but to be honest, if what little Tools does, makes you upset, the internet is NOT the place for you. Any forum, no matter how small or moderated will still require skin thicker than tissue paper. If you don't have that, I suggest you do not visit any forums.

Aside from you maybe being overly sensitive, I really do not see any REAL negativity from anyone, well besides you that is. After all, you did NOT have to post, did you? If you read his replies before joining, you should have been able to tell if it were going to work. None of us forced you to read his or anyone elses posts. You chose to do that. Can't really say anything more than that.

We welcome any new people, so you can't say anyone deliberately tried to piss you off. Sorry to see you go but we don't wear kid gloves on topics, but we do treat each other with respect, online and in person.

Re: the wave

TuneAfish
Banned User
This post was updated on .