Picture Game

1234 ... 6

Picture Game

I had a thought today. Since there are some of us that like to take pictures (and ya'll post some awesome pics,btw)when we go for a ride,I thought it be neat to make a game out of it. Kinda like a treasure hunt type of thing. Pick something to take a picture of,find it and post it. Whoever posts up the last finding gets to pick what the next item will be. Stuff like covered bridges,waterfalls,cool old abandoned buildings...stuff like that.

What do y'all think? Wanna go for it? Let's kick it off with something easy. Any ideas???

Re: Picture Game

motogrady
Administrator

Easiest around here, would be abandoned buildings.

Sometimes, out in the middle of nowhere, there will be an old foundation or house falling into itself,
and one wonders, what kind of life was it?

 Someone had the vision, and gumption,  to build a life
on that site.  What happened?  Was a family raised?  Did that store make a living for it's owner?
How many worked in that old factory all their life, only to see it close.

I know, it's weird, but's that's the stuff that goes thru the head sometimes............

Idunno, bad buildings, or maybe great bikinis in use?

Re: Picture Game

cdaiscool
This is a rather common game on forums. Has to be some sort of marker to prove its a specific-for-that shot. Such as glove on handlebar, helmet on seat, etc.

I think we totally should. How about... bike with a weed of some sort?
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Picture Game

Lucky 1
What if we do not live in your area?
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Picture Game

Lucky, we'll just pick somewhat generic items to look for. For example an abandoned building would do, it doesn't have to be Mr Brown's old store on Elm street, just whatever's in your area.

Alright Craig. Bike with a weed of some sort. Anything in particular in mind, or will any old weed do?

Re: Picture Game

free2ride
shinyribs wrote
Alright Craig. Bike with a weed of some sort. Anything in particular in mind, or will any old weed do?
how about a bike in front of a grow-op

OK, enough of that!
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Picture Game

A weed's a weed....

Re: Picture Game

Weed.

Re: Picture Game

shultz_1978
I spy with my little eye some thing green?

Ops sorry wrong game.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: Picture Game

MarkPBG
I already do this on another forum...they have a photo scavenger hunt. Post a pic of your bike in front of the mark (target, etc) and call the next mark. They have a 7 day limit, so if no one posts a pic of their bike in front of the target, the person who called the last mark calls a new one. It's fun and gives me an excuse to ride. (though the people in the midwest tend to not like it when you call things like yachts and drawbridges, but then again, I can't take a pic of my bike in front of a mountain without a 7-10 hour ride!)

Photo Scavenger Hunt
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Picture Game

Ah,I didn't even know they had that going on over there. It's OK,we can do it better.

Let's say no time limits on the marks for now. Rules are no fun,relaxed is where it's it.

But for posterity,let's go ahead and say the bike needs to be in the shot,or like Craig said,at least your handlebar. Definitely not your car,truck,bicycle or whatever. The game is all about the ride.

So who's going for the weed shop...err,shot?

Re: Picture Game

MarkPBG
I wanted to start one up where instead of some random mark, you take a pic of your bike in front of something important to YOU, like a local landmark, your favorite watering hole...etc. That way, we also get to learn about where you live instead of just seeing your bike in front of a cow.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Picture Game

trapper
I like that idea Mark. Lets get that one started too. A show us where you rode today thread. I'm up in NH by Laconia so, we have ALL sorts of cool sites around and the bikes run (at least mine does haha) from like February to November easy. Though I was riding in December last year too. BRRRRRRRRRRR
It ain't a custom till you have customized it yourself.

1981 CB750c (current daily ride and build)
1980 GL500 (Stripped and rebuilding)
1981 CM450 (Stripped and rebuilding)

Re: Picture Game

Alright then,so would y'all be interested in figuring out how to combine the two ideas,or just start a different thread? I suppose we could use Mark's idea and modify it into a game of "Horse". For example,if there is a cool old hardware store you want to post up,do it,than have the next guy find a similar location? Just throwing out ideas.

And just like you mentioned Mark,the whole idea of this was to get people to post pics of the various different locations that we all live in. I'd love to see that.

Re: Picture Game

cdaiscool
Oye, you stoners. I got weed because my yard is full of dandelions.

Not the stuff in my desk! That'd be just too simple then, even I could compete!

Interesting idea for the HORSE thing. And yes, the bike needs to be in it. I suppose the Shiny guy's Harley will have to be allowed in this though. Just no "HARLEY!" for 'H'.

It's not that interesting anyways.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Picture Game

seestheday
If there is no time limit, how do we know when it is time to move on to the next picture?

Or should we just have a new topic every week, but have no time limit on when you can post pics for past topics?
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Picture Game

trapper
I'm thinking we now need a whole new thread area. Haha. We have member's builds, repair sources ect... Now we need Games
It ain't a custom till you have customized it yourself.

1981 CB750c (current daily ride and build)
1980 GL500 (Stripped and rebuilding)
1981 CM450 (Stripped and rebuilding)

Re: Picture Game

Whoever posts last would choose the next topic. If someone chooses something funky (like a unicorn) then it may take a while to find one.

The idea was to be creative and just go riding. Let say someone chooses a pig as the next mark. You might not have a hog farm around you, but I bet any one of us could find a BBQ sign with a pig on it.

Re: Picture Game

cdaiscool

Exactly the idea. To be creative and go "hey, that'd work!" for the game.

I'm jealous. I wanna have the bike running dog nabbit!
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Picture Game

Bike with weeds...and Gerald 's hub :)
1234 ... 6