web page ghost

Beekeeper
Something strange has been happening when I visit this site.  I visit often to read new posts and follow some of the work the guys do.  But every time I access a page now, I get what looks like a 404 error page right in the center of the page.  It disappears by hitting the back button.  But every new page I go to, same message block appears.  I don't know if my machine has a bug, or the site is having a problem.  Is anyone else seeing this type of message?  If it's my machine, my firewall and virus scanner can't find it.
FWIW, this is the only site this is happening on.

Re: web page ghost

easyrider12
I thought it was only me, but yes same thing, thanks for the heads up on the back button.  Shiney must have been re-programming,  by the way -no one can read this.  lol
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: web page ghost

shultz_1978
I have been getting the same thing at work, But not at home.

I just hit the reply and read the post. Then hit home.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: web page ghost

Hoosier Daddy
shultz_1978 wrote
I have been getting the same thing at work, But not at home.
Ditto. Noticed it today.
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / CafeĀ“
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: web page ghost

Hey,I didn't do it!

Actually,I haven't seen this myself. But lately the home page will pull up white with blue text. Everything else is normal,except for the color. When I click to enter a thread it goes back to normal colors. Strange. There's so much I don't understand...

Re: web page ghost

MarkPBG
That happens a lot when web pages get updated but your browser history still has old info in the cache. If you clear your browser cache daily, you'll likely not see those error messages again. It's caused by page parse conflicts. If you clear the cache, the browser won't get "confused" about which page cache to use, and will only have the choice of the newest page version. I'm no web expert, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. lol
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: web page ghost

Beekeeper
Worked like a charm.  Trying to reserve a room at the Holiday Inn for a refresher.  Maybe I can work a bike ride into it!

Re: web page ghost

cdaiscool
This man gets it!

Whenever you see an issue with a web page, clear cache and cookies (most browsers can save your saved passwords, so there is that...).

If you continue to have issues, then there may be a server-side error.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.