Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Griffin
So my stock wheels are too rusty for me to mess with and I need new tires. I found the cb750f came with dual disk brakes on the front and an 18 inch rear wheel.

Here's the question. I'm finding some 77-78 cb750f wheels and forks on eBay. Does anyone know if they are direct swaps to the 1980 cb750k?  Can I use my axles and rear drum brake?  Or do I have to get the wheels and forks from a matching year?
Dave Arnold
Xclusive Sites - Web Development - xclusivesites.com
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer - onlineptconnect.com/xclusivesites/
Instagram @phparray

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Griffin
I see now the rear wheel on the f model was also disk brakes.  That means figuring out how to mount the caliper and so on. Still googling....
Dave Arnold
Xclusive Sites - Web Development - xclusivesites.com
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer - onlineptconnect.com/xclusivesites/
Instagram @phparray

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

The front is a bolt on deal, and the rear will be pretty easy if you get all the brake parts with the wheel. You will just need to fabricate a tab on the swingarm for the brake stay rod, and fab mounts for the master cylinder.

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Griffin
Thanks!

I believe there is a brake stay rod connected to the drum. I wonder if the stay bar is longer for the caliper mount. Seems like the same swingarm was used for both models.

This seems like a great solution. I found just about everything I think is needed for the front and rear for under 600.
Instagram @phparray

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Griffin
So the brake stay on the K swingarm is in the bottom and the F is on top. Thinking about buying the F swingarm, then I just need to mount the cup and master cylinder somewhere. Plan to start ordering parts Wed.

I got her titled as an antique on Friday. In Delaware that means I never have to get it inspected again. Already started taking parts off.
Instagram @phparray

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Griffin
Hey Tools,

Would you mind looking at these for me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231842989937?item=231842989937&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

It says 1980 cb750f but the bottoms look strange to me.  Would those forks work with either the K model axle of the same year off my bike and this wheel http://www.ebay.com/itm/262297218533?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT or even the axle that comes with that wheel?

Dave Arnold
Xclusive Sites - Web Development - xclusivesites.com
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer - onlineptconnect.com/xclusivesites/
Instagram @phparray

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Those forks are off a "C" model. You could put that wheel on, but you will need the axle and brake parts that go with the forks. You could do better.

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Griffin
Ah I thought something looked strange! If you don't mind what do you think of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Honda-CB750F-Supersport-OEM-Front-Forks-Set-2-/272146443580 with the same wheel.  That wheel looks pretty nice right?

Bid on the later but his reserve must be over a hundred.  Buy it now is 130. I think I'd be better holding out for a nicer pair of just the calipers then purchasing a braided hose set with an aftermarket master cylinder. I have no idea how often this stuff comes up or what the average price of anything is. Just trying not to buy the wrong stuff or the right stuff at a bad price. There's a motorcycle salvage yard about 45 minutes from me I may try to get up there soon too.

I'm sure I can break them down, clean, rebuild and repaint them as long as they aren't broken.

Thanks for all your help. I hope I'm not taking advantage of your expertise!

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 4:40 PM, TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Those forks are off a "C" model. You could put that wheel on, but you will need the axle and brake parts that go with the forks. You could do better.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Cb750f-wheels-on-1980-cb750k-tp4059771p4059790.html
To unsubscribe from Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k, click here.
NAML

Instagram @phparray

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Griffin

Well check this out. Forks, wheels, and maybe callipers 1980 Honda cb 750 for $350.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/mpo/5440123642.html

On Mar 14, 2016 5:06 PM, "Dave Arnold" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Instagram @phparray

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

That's the way to go. The titled frame is worth $150.00

Re: Cb750f wheels on 1980 cb750k

Griffin
Thanks man! I'm picking it up tonight and ordered all 3 calipers from a guy on ebay off a 79 F model. Also ordered an aftermarket rear master cylinder that I think will work. Ordering a new aftermarket front master cylinder as well probably this one http://www.amazon.com/Front-Hydraulic-Master-Cylinder-Cb650sc/dp/B00D0MSX36/ and a steal braided hose kit maybe this one http://www.amazon.com/1979-1980-Supersport-GALFER-BRAIDED-STAINLESS/dp/B00WJDTZOS/.

It's coming together nicely!

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Cb750f-wheels-on-1980-cb750k-tp4059771p4059793.html