GME plunger- It lives!...sorta

1 ... 9101112

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

I decided to experiment with some new powdercoat we got. Starlight Blue. I'm happyhappyhappy! The metallic flakes in the stuff is silver,blue,pink and purple. Looks killer in direct sunlight. Pops big time under street lights. I'm half tempted to do the whole frame in it.

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

Piute
     Lil touches like that ,are what I look for and can do(with paint )
   Think yo frame has filler on it
   If ya can make it stay I have a couple bumpers need done Gloss Blk. please

                         "O" that is considered a pearl flake I believe

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

Hoosier Daddy
That blue looks intense! With the metalics you described I bet it looks great in the sun. And a pretty good match to the existing frame color.
Nice choice!
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / CafeĀ“
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

alfa750
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

I'm not sure on this one Alfa. It cooks at 450 for 30 min,but not sure what'll hold up to. We do have some powders designed for exhaust applications that'll hold up to 1600 F continuous duty. Funny,it cooks at 350 F

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

PINK!!
" Oh, you read that on the internet? Clearly it IS a massive problem. Of course it CANā€™t be normal operation."

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

I know.... Try not to think about it too much and it all gets better.

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

Hellbilly429
Uh huh, next it's gonna be rainbows and unicorns

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

Easy does it there guys.Ya'll know how sensitive I am. Hey,at least it's not some sissy twin camlol

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

cdaiscool
I know! I mean, even yourself said you feel they developed it when the SOHC was tapped out, so they moved on to better territory. Plus, it is such a hassle, lifting the valve cover so I can QUICKLY do a valve adjustment.

Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

cdaiscool wrote
I know! I mean, even yourself said you feel they developed it when the SOHC was tapped out, so they moved on to better territory. Plus, it is such a hassle, lifting the valve cover so I can QUICKLY do a valve adjustment.

A Sawzall quickly solves that problem on SOHC models.
" Oh, you read that on the internet? Clearly it IS a massive problem. Of course it CANā€™t be normal operation."

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

Hey now Craig. That was a reply in a totally different thread. Does not apply here.

But,now you can really rag me on the SOHC/DOHC thing. I've been fighting tuning this bike since day one. Fouling plugs even with stock & leaner than stock jetting. Horrible off idle stumble,but runs OK on the highway. Does NOT like to start cold... Well,I finally borrowed the adapter to check compression and it's bad.

1-110
2-110
3-80
4-115

Cold and warm-wet and dry. Same numbers for each. I think it's time to pull the head and look at the valves

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

cdaiscool
Those numbers look ugly. If thats the same wet and dry, they I agree the valves probably need investigating.

Hopefully it doesn't take a whole lot to figure it out and get it resolved...
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Just got home with my new toy-GME plunger

Thanks man. I hope not,too. She'll just have to wait until HJ is done. Too many pots in the fire now.

Re: GME plunger- It lives!...sorta

phil
Sweet!

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

phil
Wanna double your money???

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

phil
very nice seat pan.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

phil wrote
Wanna double your money???
LOL.No thanks! Actually,I have about $1,200 in the bike now. So...sure! I'd love to double that

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Wow. Has it really been FIVE YEARS?!

I need my ass kicked for selling this bike.
1 ... 9101112