GME plunger- It lives!...sorta

1234 ... 12

GME plunger- It lives!...sorta

Well,Hackjob is officially on hold since I just blew all my hiding money. I have been wanting to build a hardtail bobber ever since Tools turned me on to the Cycle One kits. So last weekend I posted a C-list add in the hopes of finding a cheap bike to put a Cycle One kit on. Im blaming this on you Tools

My "WTB-Early Honda" add resulted in this:

This thing was filthy when Pops and I went to check it out Saturday. It looked ten times better today when I picked it up. That was when I saw that the entire exhaust system,the head light ears and the lower triple clamp were all ceramic coated.Score!

It has a few rough spots in the paint,the rear fender is a little tweaked,the wiring is not the best and it needs tires( date codes are 1985 and 1986!) ,chain and a battery. But it runs,has freshly redone carbs and a clear title. Not perfect and no forward controls but I'm cool with it. I just hopes it charges OK ! Fingers crossed... I'm on cloud nine and depressed at the same time. I have a bike I never thought I would own and have no cash to get it road worthyBut I still have a blast sitting on this thing and making engine noises!

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Damn! Time warp to 1972. You did GOOD! Freshen it up, and add some Cycle one forwards, get an old school 3/4 helmet, some mirrored sunglasses, and go Easy Rider.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

David Mann would be proud.  Looks like something Paul Sr. would have in his garage...from his old school chopper days.

That's about as retro a ride as I've seen in a LONG while. It'll be fun, and a good contrast to your other bike.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

lostson
 That is freaking awesome, I am jealous.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Hellbilly429
Yeah, I think we are all totally jelous of your find shiny, although I am proud to say I seen pics of it before they were on this site! lol. I am sure this will not help with your insomnia tho

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Truck
Where is the American flag helmet???  Nice old school look to it.  As far as engine work and cash goes might I suggest downloading an engine revving to your Ipod and a fan infront of the bike.  Let your imagination do the rest!
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Haha. Not a bad idea Truck!
Thanks guys. Don't be talking all that jealousy nonsense. I can't even say I built this bike. So to stay true to my typical self...this makes me a poser!

 I wasn't in the market for something like this at all and it really wasn't my style. But the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Once I sat down in that funky seat I was hooked. I really didn't have any cash budgeted for this, but for $800 I couldn't let it slide by.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

I could give, you your $800.00 back, for it.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

  Could use a lot of cutting down and cleaning up Myself and 2 cents worth,You have another classic ,just make it yo own,4 foot bitch bar suicide shifter new paintORANGE
  Lil riding music to go with yo fan
                                                 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7Il8

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

TOOLS1 wrote
I could give, you your $800.00 back, for it.
TOOLS
noLOL. You are the 3rd person to offer me that. Ya gotta go higher

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

HA! Good riding music bud! Thats funny,Pops said today that I need to install a radio on this bike that plays that same song over and over

I was talking with him about this bike today and he told me that if I backed out on the deal that he was gonna buy it That truly shocked me! He wants to ride this thing ( he won't touch the Cafe lol ) so that makes me feel alot better about spending the money on it. The only bad part about it is that I reaaaaaaally wanted to put a jockey shift on this thing. He hates thoseYa win some and ya lose some.

Hey,he gave up bikes for safety concerns when us kids came on the scene. The least I can do is set it up to suit him ( sorta ),right?

Looked up the engine code- CB750E 1103737    Looks like it is a 70/71 K engine.  It has a VIN # on the neck that reads MICH. 75067      Im guessing its a State assigned VIN from Michigan,1975 perhaps? I wonder how the power of this engine will compare to my 76F?

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Lucky 1
Very nice Shiny ribs!!!
I noticed those exhausts right off.

WOW!!!  Great frame and all of the details are nice.
The person that built this did a good job but I am
sure you will improve it even more.

Congratulations.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Lucky 1
You might want to get a spring mounted seat. It will make all the difference.
Hey but maybe it will not need it with that rear suspension.

BTW I have started my bobber build.
Working on the spring Pizza seat now.

On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

That seat is pretty cool. You need to start a build thread, for it.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Vintage
That is REALLY SWEET Shiny, and for 800 bucks, I will give you a Hell yes Amen!
Cograts on the find.

Harry
1980 CB750F Super Sport
1982 CB900 Custom
1982 XV750 Virago

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Hellbilly429
Maybe you could make a removable jockey shift since you are good at hack-jobbing things, lol. Then you could just take it off when your dad wants to ride

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Haha  thanks Vintage.

Cool seat Lucky. I wanted to put a bicycle seat on this bike at first but I think I'm just gonna sort out the mechanicals and ride. I'm not even worried about the bumps and scratches. I kinda like that is an actual old bike that was built years ago,not a brand new bike,built old style. I'll respect the scratches and blemishes that are there and just let it rock.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Lucky 1
I will soon.
It is  named "Rover".

Started on the same day the curiosity rover landed on Mars.

Mine is a Earth Rover.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

  If yo Pop'ds wil ride it like it is don't change ,unless he's there to help,Never got to ride beside my Pop's ever But put down the rear pegs(all bike's) every once in a while "MILE FOR DAD" So he has a place to put his feet and keep him on my mind though the ride.
  Here my cusians "J"s she loves her frame.Her brither that build it says it's a strong frame,Totaly different lift N rake

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

I remember seeing other pictures of her bike. Looks like the same frame as this one.Pretty cool. I see she is using the stock controls,too.

What kind of top clamp is this? Just curious. I'm thinking about hooking the lights up in these gauges but wondered if the high beam indicator would blind me since they sit so high. Is it very bright?

I was happy to find this on here

Wondering what to do about plugs. I dont know if the Dyna requires anything in particular. It has these coils and plugs now. Champion plugs

Leave the oil cooler or chuck it? It fits the style I guess,but i dont see the need or like extra fittings

The ''battery cables'' are pitiful on here. Actually all the wiring is pitiful. Always is,right?

Where can i find studs like these for my valve cover. Ive only checked ebay so far. The whole bike is spiked except for the valve cover. Dont really need to spend the money on that if its real expensive,but i gotta fix this junk

1234 ... 12