Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

mikey440
Hi Dannyboy, most all parts from a 750k model will work on your limied edition,
 1 major difference is the wheels, you have mags (comstars) and stock k models are spoke wheels, other than that i dont believe there is much difference, Mikey 440

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

mikey440
 Hi Bob, you can disasemble the ignition switch and take it to honda dealer with your pink slip and they,ll get ya another key, or cut one for you, or call a locksmith and he can come to your house and cut one with ignition still on bike, as far as getting it running, by all means drain fuel from tank and have it cleaned out, take off carbs and disasemble them for a complete cleaning,,change engine oil, and all fluids, get new battery, spark plugs, oil filter, gas filter,,etc,etc,etc...if it has those low miles im sure it will run just fine, after all its a HONDA,,,good luck, mikey440

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

marvin
new i guess   i own a 1979 cb 750 ltd  it has a windjammer on it and i just found a chrome rack with suitcase style trunk in mint condition going for first place this year  i got second place last year i lost to a 1980 cb 750 that was converted to a harley look a like  lol  there was really no other bikes there that came close to it.i have had many offers to buy it and i turned them down lol   secret is don't drive them in the rain and don't let them sit outside if you see a garage door open get it in there.  have a good one and greetings from south dakota

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

sjackson
There were only 5000 of these made? Wow.

I've got one of these too and now I'm having second thoughts about changing the look of the bike. The trouble is, I'm having a really hard time finding some of the parts I need for it. Everything I've put on there has been scavenged from K models. (which is basically what it is with a different paint job.) I'm going nuts trying to find a headlight bucket with the bezel and also an airbox in good condition. I'm really close to just saying forget it and throwing a bunch of after market parts on it.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Momo
I just got my hands on one of these too.  It's (well it was) a gorgeous bike until my friend wrecked it pretty badly and gave it to me to play with.  I tried for a long time to find the ltd edition parts to be true to the poor bike's spirit, but they're so hard to find (and I'm so poor) that in the end it's becoming sort of a hodgepodge of K and F.

Which brings me to the question: I happened to get myself a gas tank from a '79 CB750F, but now need a petcock from an F.  (You know, if you give a mouse a gas tank....)  I hate to ask you all to help me bastardize this bike, but do you have any good ideas where I might find something like that?  Preferably used?

Re: 1981 CB750K

pat english
airhead wrote
Hey, found this forum and love to chat bikes. Here's my 1981 Honda CB750K, 5700 original miles on it. Great fun to ride. I live in Annapolis, MD if any other Honda fans are around looking to ride.
                                     they call this "hi jacking" a thread on other fourums

cool bike though.watch me hijack:   i like those pipes on those 2 bikes.i have a 74 cb 750.will those pipes fit on my bike?

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Danny Boy
Mike - thanks so much for the reply. And apologies for my tardy reply. It's been a while since my original post and you e-mails slipped into the wrong box. I love mine. Put some slightly lower bars on it and a Marving 4-1. Sounds ace!! Have a real tussle to get the carbs running right, but seem to be winning the battle.
Cheers again for your time - Danny

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

mikey440
Hey danny boy, you mentioned a marving 4 into 1, do you like it, what does it sound like?
 im thinking on gettin rid of my mac system and going with something else, where did u buy it and how much did it set ya back money wise,,thanks, mikey440

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

cballweg
I am also new to the list and about to buy a 1979 10th anniversary model (suggest that your's is also the 1979 version.  How do you like it now that you have had some ride time?

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Terry M
If you need anything specific let me know as I have a couple of boxes of LTD parts. I live in Vancouver Canada so shipping cost might be an issue, but let me know anyway if you like...

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

sjackson
Terry M wrote
I'm looking for a complete headlight and an airbox if you got one. Side panels too, I suppose. One of the tabs on my left one broke off, so it's not on there solid.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Danny Boy
Cheers for that, Terry. What you got in those boxes? Anything like a seat or set of decent carbs?

View message @ http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Got-new-to-me-1979-Honda-cb750k-10th-anniversary-edition-tp460075p891048.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition, click here.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

tenile
I am very new when it comes to bikes! I just had a 1979 cb750L 10th anniversary edition bike given to me by my grandfather with about 15,000 mile on it. It was kept in a barn for a while but how ever i have some work to do on it lots of work!!! Is there a place to order parts for it, is there some where to start looking. i mean i am lost

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

We have manuals here in the repair manual section and in the parts list is a slew of places to order parts from.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Cb750k
Actually it's a 1979 cb750k limited edition. The L does not stand for limited edition. That is a different model. I am an owner of a 1979 cb750k LTD 10th anniversary

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

duece
how sure are you about only 5,000 of them were made I just bought a  1979 cb750k limited edition and I'm tring to find out about value of it

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

matt
That is a '79 bc it has the dual overhead cams the 78 has a single.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

rkestes1955
Hello,  In Dec 2007 you said that you had a Honda CB750K owners manual to sell. You still wanna sell it??

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

rkestes1955
I'll give you $200 for that old CB750. A quick $50 profit ! Whatcha think ?? Of course, you'll have to deliver to Michigan.
Well ??

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Rick
I bought a 750 10th Anniversary new in 1979, traded in my all original 1969 Triumph T120 Bonneville.
The Honda was fantastically smooth, fast, stable, reliable, and a real joy to ride anywhere at about any time.
I miss that bike and you are fortunate to have found one that has been well maintained.  Take care of it as I sincerely believe that this bike was a major milestone in motorcycle technology evolution ;)
12345