Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

hotelking
Hello i am new to the forum thing but wanted to have a place to talk bikes... I have just purchased a 1978 honda cb750 10th anniversary edition.. this bike is in great shape... it has had 2 owners and only 14,800 miles on it ...

I think i made a good investment and i love the power and feel of this style of bike...   well thanks..

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

eforce-2
I too just got one.  I have alot of work to do first though.  It has sat for 14 years.   I'm brand new to bikes so this will be interesting.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

79scooter
Hi.. I've just purchased a mint '79 CBK.... I bought my first one in the winter of '78..and loved
 'em still...The one that i have now is as mint as the one that i had .. one owner..(two..he was a freind)..
 meticuously cared for.... sheesh..i cannot believe my good fortune........ dave.......

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

bill3749
Great Bike!

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

mary2007indy
I have a excellent condition 79 cb750kltd 10th anniversary owner's manual published in 1978. where would i post this to sale?

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

bill3749
ebay

1981 CB750K

airhead
Hey, found this forum and love to chat bikes. Here's my 1981 Honda CB750K, 5700 original miles on it. Great fun to ride. I live in Annapolis, MD if any other Honda fans are around looking to ride.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

rm56-2
Nice bike, very clean and low miles.

rm

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Danny Boy
Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this one from the UK. Just went to see a US imported 750 ltd and was wondering what the second hand parts/spares situation is like. In terms of the basic bike, is the ltd known as the CB750KZ? Obviously, if you start searching for parts for the ltd, you get hardly anything coming back, but there's tons of CB750 second hand stuff knocking around. Don't want to get myself into a situation where I'm looking to replace a bit of switchgear for the bike and can't find anything second hand.
I know the engine is the DOHC. I'm assuming it's more or less the same at the other DOHC models of the same era? Do bits and pieces (mudguards, brake cylinder etc etc) from any of the other models fit the ltd?
Sorry for the barrage of questions, but am new to the CB750 world.
Would appreciate any help/comments.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Bob Ashenbrenner
I just got one of these today, it has 8649 miles and has been sitting in a basement for the past 10 years, the previous owner bought it new and really took care of it. He passed away about 4yrs ago and I bought it from his son for $150.00, i'll have to get a key for it, can anyone tell me how to do this the easiest way? Also the 2 side covers are missing, he is going to look in the basement for them but just in case does anybody know where to find them? Finally, what should I do to get it running, I know I'll have to drain the old gas, should probably pull the carbs and clean them, anyone have any ideas of the best way? As you can probably tell I don't really know much about bikes, I am a car guy so i'm not totally lost. Anywhere online I can download a manual for this thing?
Thanks, Bob

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

jk333
Beautiful 750. I love the Red on it too. I have an 81 750. And youre right, it is a good investment.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Baghira
Hi there,

apologies for the random email, I have noticed that you may own a CB 750K limited edition, I recently had to buy some parts from the US as in te UK is non existent, was wondering whehether you had any idea at all of the value of this bike...Any info would be great
Thanks

Louis
Danny Boy wrote
[...]

cbrydr
nice bike--take care of it ,they are kind of rare.----I think the paint and seat are special for that edition---I know all the bolts on the engine cases are chrome and it also has dual horns--god bless you

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

bink1595
Ditto for me.  Just picked up my 1979 CB750k from a gentleman in Lacey, WA today.  It's Black, it's mine and it runs like the wind.  I'm in 2 wheel heaven for the first time since 1978 when I sold my last bike.  I forgot how great a bike is.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

deancb
Hi, I just got a 79 CBK 750. I'm in Olympia WA. Any ideas on how to hook-up with wa. state CBK owners? Thanks.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

fawudd
That is a nice looking bike. Good Luck with it.

http://classicvelocity.squarespace.com

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

That is a nice bike. The 79 is not that common. It is the first year of the dohc engine. 78 was the last year for the sohc engine, except for the cb650.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

marvin
dont forget only 200 were built and 79 was the first year for electronic ignition  78s were points ignition br7db

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Greetings Marvin. Welcome to the forum! Are you a new member or a returning?

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

mikey440
 1979 cb750L  is the 10th anniversary edition, the L stands for limited edition, there were 5,000 of them in u.s
you have 1 of them, nice,,,mike
12345