Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

CG

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

CG
I HAVE A 79 1OTH ANNIVERSARY EXTRA CLEAN WITH 10K MILES, IM LOOKING TO SELL IT BUT DONT KNOW WHATS A FAIR PRICE, I INHERITED IT 4 YEARS AGO, I PUT ABOUT 3000 MILES ON IT, NEW PLUGS AND CHANGED OIL IS THE ONLY THING IVE DONE TO IT, RUNS PERFECT, HAS A KERKER HEADER ON IT TOO. I OWN A HARLEY AND REALLY DONT HAVE A NEED FOR 2 BIKES

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

sgtslag
There is a section, here, for selling bikes -- try posting an ad there, preferably with a link to video walk-around of the bike (YouTube is free).  Also, try looking on your local Craigslist.org, for Honda CB750's, K, or Anniversary.  The Anniversary bike is typically more valuable, but it really depends on what the buyer is willing to pay -- book price is a farce, in my experience!  There are other CB750 forums where you might be able to advertise your bike, as well.  There is always e-Bay (both for selling, and price/value research).  Best of luck!  Cheers!

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

beesness1960
Bought mine about 1 month ago and paid a great price indeed 2,000 . This bike is extra clean only 9,000 miles ,, almost pristine ,,,,,,,,,,, these bikes should only increase in value ,, only 5,000 made for tjhe American market that year .

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

cliff
hi are u stiill around?
how can i tell if its a special edition compared to all the other models
cliff

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

sgtslag
The 10th anniversary edition says as much on its badges on the side covers.  The "K" model just says "750K" on the side covers.

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

timeastwood9@gmail.com
Also bought 79 750L. One owner in Oregon. Has fearing and saddle bags. 24k all records & leather tool pouch.
Paid $3400. Owner has had head and carb overhaul since 02. Pick it up this Friday. What you think?

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

timeastwood9@gmail.com
Enjoy your new old bike. Just bought one from single owner with totally loaded. Bought it because I'm 53 and bought a 750k at age of 21 brand new in Santa Barbara in 1979. Got a one owner deal with all the extras.
Fearing 3 saddle bags chrome. Owner spent $3900on head overhaul in 02. Has all records manual ext. Can you say Mid Life Crises? Pick it up in two days. Can't wait. Tim

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

Enjoy the mid life crisis. Welcome to the Honda CB 750, and mid life crises forum.

wes

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

wes
beautiful bikes guys. ive had my 78f for about two months now. shes got her issues, but a real fun machine to ride there is alot of great tech info available here. these guys have helped me out alot.
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

recently bought a very nice fully loaded, fearing, 3 samsonite saddle bags 1979 CB750 L. $3400 US.
One owner, 23445 miles and all records. Poor bastard didn't drive it enough. In 2002 he spent $3900 on a top end and carb overhaul. I bought it with out test driving it. Does that help you?

The point is obvious dude. Anticipation upon buying a bike that is almost perfect and simular to the one I bought new in 1979. Checking the paper now and then for the last 15 years. and finally one shows up at the right price and condition that one can not say no to buy. Mid life was thrown in there as an excuse.

may I add the "L" edition has two horns. A high and a low. The high is still available from dealer. $50. The low seems to be discontinued new. Now does anyone out there have a pair of horns for a CB750 L used for sale?

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

timeastwood9@gmail.com
Hey hotelking, thats a CB750 L tenth anniverary. L for limited edition. Realize you bought it in march but
was curious of what extras you got. You probably have learned that Honda only made 5000 of them in the US.Love that original exhaust system. 4 in 4. Bought one 2 weeks ago that has a 4 (cyl) to 2 (exhaust).
Remember buying a CB750 K new in 1979. Found this one in the local paper. Mine is also a CB750 L 10th anniversary. Came with saddle bags and fearing. Same color. 23445 miles. one owner. It's a great bike. Regret having to have to sell mine in 82. Hope you are enjoying your 750 classic!

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

timeastwood9@gmail.com
Tim Allen would say" arr arrr arrr' Sweet bike. Just bought one myself. Yuuuup! way to go. Same bike. 10th anniversary baby. Ya hoo! 5000 built. Mine has 23000. Fearing and 3 saddle bags. 1 owner $3400. Good on you. Tim

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

timeastwood9@gmail.com

my 750 Lc="lcc_bike_024.jpg" border="0"/>
tim

Thanks tools.
tim

indulged myself in a good dose of Quadraphenia. The Who had the greatest drummer WHO ever lived. As for your parts question, they are available. Visited a local bike shop today and they had most parts including a clymer manual. most parts are quite available. Look for the most experienced bike repair guy in your area. Then trust him. Tim
tim

Hey is this website getting a little wierd?
tim

Re: Got new(to me) 1979 Honda cb750k 10th anniversary edition

tim
You sell that bike yet? Tim
12345