Just what the world needs. What some of you have been waiting for.

1 ... 89101112

Re: Just what the world needs.

Just what you have all been waiting for. I did some work on the Buffet Racer today. I had been doing some sheet-metal repair on a 1961 Dream that a friend of mine is turning into a basket case  and had most of my metal working TOOLS out, so I thought I would tackle the fender. I dug out an old CB 750 fender and ground the rivets off that hold the fender to the bracket. Then I did the same to the new fender. After that I tried fitting them together, and found that the holes almost lined up. However I would not be able to drill them for the screws, so I welded the holes shut on the bracket and then ground them smooth. After this I was able to drill new holes, and bolt the fender to the bracket. Now I just need to test fit it to the bike. After that I will have it powder coated and replace the bolts with stainless steel button head allen bolts.

Re: Just what the world needs.

I brought the Buffet Racer back into the toolshed today and test fitted the fender. It seems to fit OK. However I am not sure I am happy with it.

I also changed the headlight brackets. I like these a lot better then the others I had on it.

Unfortunately the stock master cylinder that Shiny had powder coated for me had clearance problems, so I am not going to be able to use it. I had this one that I had purchased for another project, and it clears everything nicely. However it looks like the reservoir is at too much of an angle to work properly. I need to find one of the angled ones that has the outlet at the front side like this one, but all the ones I am finding have the outlet at the front like the stock master cylinder had.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Bummer about the MC's. That 1-pc jobbie would fill and bleed fine while sitting on the sidestand. You just worried about it dribbling?

Nice work on the fender, bud. I'd be tickled pink with that.

Re: Just what the world needs.

A little more work done. I machined up some parts for the seat mount. I needed shouldered bolts for the rear mounts, but none were available in the size I needed, so I machined some stainless steel into pieces to go the stainless steel bolts to create shoulders.

These still need to be welded into place.

This is how they go together.

Here is the seat mounted.

The seat will lift up, pivoting on the mounts to allow access to the battery and electrics.

Re: Just what the world needs.

free2ride
TOOLS: looking at the work that you have done reminds me that [sadly] my expertise ends with filling the gas tank.

to you and others . . . I bow in homage
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Just what the world needs.

I built another set of round top carbs for it. This time I went with silver instead of the black I had planned on. I think they turned out pretty good. Might install them after I finish watching Hardcastle  and McCormic.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Update. I am going to watch the Equalizer then head to the Toolshed.

Re: Just what the world needs.

TOOLS1 wrote
Update. I am going to watch the Equalizer...
I don't know what this means, but that flip-up seat is cool!  That's using yer noggin

Re: Just what the world needs.

GOT A PROBLEM? ODDS AGAINST YOU? CALL THE EQUALIZER

The Equalizer was one of the best TV shows ever. Denzel Washington starred in a movie a few years ago based on the TV show.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equalizer

Re: Just what the world needs.

I welded the seat mount bungs on, and painted them.

The front fender and brakes are mounted.

The carbs are installed. I thought about using these cool pods that Shiny gave me, but I thought they left too much open space, so I installed a stock airbox.

Now what you have been waiting on.

Drum roll please............

The Buffet Racer

Re: Just what the world needs.

heath1066
SHARP.

5252... Is that for the HP/Torque crossover?
Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Just what the world needs.

I cannot believe you caught that. I thought that would have everyone scratching their heads.

Re: Just what the world needs.

heath1066
Oh, this headspace is totally filled with useless info...
Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Just what the world needs.

But a matic won't even rev to 5252 :D

Just picking, bud. Man, those decals look nice! You'll be riding it this weekend?

Re: Just what the world needs.

Not going to be riding it this weekend, but it is going to a show. Took some pictures of it while it was outside before putting it in the Tool trailer.

Re: Just what the world needs.

OnyxWolf
That is Outstanding...nice job man.
'79 CB750K

Somewhere in Phoenix...Damn its hot

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ~ Second Amendment of the United States

Re: Just what the world needs.

heath1066
Man, the seat is super sharp looking, digging the upholstery nails...
Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Just what the world needs. What some of you have been waiting for.

I have been taking care of some details to finish up the bike. One of the major details involves this piece of steel with tow holes drilled in it.

Re: Just what the world needs. What some of you have been waiting for.

Truck
You're an great mechanic, but I still don't think your going to be able to get a railgun to work on a bike....
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Just what the world needs. What some of you have been waiting for.

I have Shiny's help.

1 ... 89101112