LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

Rusty Spokes

Re: LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

Piute
  There new bikes are Junk
   Been trying to pack to much bull on something thats not fixed yet.
 I would like a company that would put out a bike with-out all the extras
 no computor modual,no stereo,abs,air bags,brakes lights that do stupid things.
 " Proformance Cycles ' closes bike shop ,doesn't work on "old" bikes,
They don't have a mechanic ,they have a tech. and a tire changer.
 can't sync carbs

Re: LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

cityslicker
I get the feeling that alot of people are anti Harley.... I myself love the company, I love my honda, I think that them recalling the bikes is a good thing, they should stand behind their product.
I think that the whole "i'd only ever ride a Harley" mindset is bullshit, esp. since most of those people are fucking rich assholes. But I respect American made shit. even if it does break down alot. But Godamn If I don't Love my CB.. LOVE the look, the design, the whole nine.

Re: LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

Rusty Spokes
Don't get me wrong but I do love vintage harley's but not past 76' I think todays bikes just lost their image and originality from the past becuase of the damand for the cash! It's so massed produced that I don't even want to look at them anymore. I'm just glad that it's costing them more money for being lazy! I lol I don't want to sound like I'm preaching but schools are also the blame for cutting out metal and wood shops and adding the demand of technology so that everybody has more access for facebook writing about the cheerios they had in the morning and going to work in my new harley! sorry but thats the way I see it now before I start  lol

Re: LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

You no Cityslick Harley's were a very nice bike , but clubs and Ganges use of them put a stereo type in weak minds and put it on every H.D. bike or owner,like many company's GREED
 but thats what this world has come to .
 Every bike and person can be it's them self and stop trying to be what was onT.V. or some vid.
  run what ya brung and make it your own and let whom ever suck the fumes .

Re: LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

ttroy
HONDA IS RECALLING 38,934 MY 2006-2007 VT600 AND MY 2007-2008 VT750 AND VTX1300 MOTORCYCLES. THE MOTORCYCLES MAY HAVE AN IMPROPERLY MANUFACTURED FUEL CONTROL VALVE DIAPHRAGM AND THE FUEL VALVE MAY DRIP FUEL.

http://www.smartcycleshopper.com/motorcycle-reviews/honda-motorcycle-safety-recall/

JULY 2011 -- Honda is recalling certain model year 2008 through 2010 ST1300 motorcycles manufactured from November 15, 2007, through May 27, 2010, model year 2008 through 2010 ST1300A motorcycles manufactured from November 7, 2007, through April 6, 2010, and model year 2009 ST1300PA police motorcycles , manufactured from November 18, 2008, through December 8, 2009. When the rear suspension of the motorcycle is repeatedly bottomed out (fully compressed), the rear brake reservoir hose may become damaged and leak brake fluid. The rider will experience a loss of rear brake performance or function which increases the risk of a crash. Dealer will replace the rear brake reservoir hose free of charge. The safety recall began on July 30, 2011.   11V-356

JUNE 2011 -- Honda is recalling certain model year 2010 and 2011 VT750 motorcycles produced from June 25, 2009, to March 28, 2011. The bank angle sensor may be incorrectly manufactured creating the possibility of an erroneous reading which could cause the engine to stall. An engine stall, while the motorcycle is being operated, may increase the risk of a crash. Honda will replace the affected bank angle sensors. The recall is expected to begin during July 2011.   Honda's safety recall number is R80. 11V-310

AUGUST 2010 -- Certain model year 2010 Honda VT1300CR, VT1300CRA, and VT1300CT motorcycles manufactured from December 17, 2009 through May 24, 2010, fail to conform to the certification requirements of Part 567. The gross axle weight rating (GAWR) is incorrect. An owner may be lead to believe from the incorrect information the motorcycle can carry more weight that it is certified to carry, resulting in an overloaded condition which can increase the risk of a crash. The owners of all affected motorcycles will be mailed a letter containing a durable correction sticker and installation instructions. If the owner prefers that the dealer apply the sticker, they will be instructed to take their motorcycle to a Honda dealer who will apply the corrected label free of charge. The safety recall began on August 20, 2010. . Honda's recall campaign number is R41. 10V-369

SEPTEMBER 2009 -- Honda is recalling certain model year 2002 VTX1800 motorcycles manufactured between August 14 and October 4, 2001. The swingarm may not have been properly welded. The swingarm could break while riding causing the rider to lose control, possibly resulting in crash. Honda will notify owners and dealers will inspect the weld and, if necessary, replace the swingarm free of charge. The safety recall began on September 25, 2009.   09V-362

http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/2_honda_motorcycles_recalls.htm

Honda is recalling certain ST1300 and ST1300A sport-touring motorcycles, and ST1300PA police motorcycles from the 2008 through 2010 model years to fix a problem that could cause the rear brake to fail.

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2011/07/27/kawasaki-honda-announce-motorcycle-recalls/

Honda is conducting an important SAFETY RECALL on 2002 and 2003 GL1800/A Gold Wing motorcycles per the VIN ranges listed below. The recall procedure will be to add additional TIG welding to the frame where the lower cross member meets the side rails. Under certain conditions, some existing un-reinforced welds can crack, or fail.
Effective immediately, YOU MUST NOT SELL any affected GL1800/A in your inventory until the required repairs have been completed. Please make sure ALL DEPARTMENTS in your dealership, Parts, Sales, and Service, are made aware of this action. Any sales of an affected motorcycle after receiving this notice and prior to repair is a violation of Federal law.

http://www.motorcycle.com/news/news1403.html

And here's just a good Honda recall list way to many to copy

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/01/honda/index.html

Stick that in your tail pipe.

Re: LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

ttroy

Re: LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

What??Only 2 posts?Did a true blue H-D owner sign up to the forum just to tell us to stick it in our tail pipe?Mature

C'mon guys,

Everybody has recalls from time to time.EVERYTHING nowadays is mass produced...even our food.There are veeeeery few actual  craftsmans and mechanics left.Things are built quickly and easily to boost production out the window,and quality suffers for it.Whether it's a H-D,Honda or a door knob.At least it was a simple electrical switch,and not a faulty suspension component.If the steering necks were cracking and falling off,yes,i would laugh my butt off .But a brake light switch that they are buying from an independent supplier...it happens.Not that it should,but it does.It was probably some cheap part from Japan or something

Re: LMFAO!!! HARLEY DAVIDSON RECALLING OVER 308,000 BIKES!

Rusty Spokes
You don't get it, I don't care about those bikes and plus its a small number compare to what Harley is dealing. Thats 300,000 bikes that are just heavy mass produce and overpriced because Harley is a sell out. They even try passed a law in 1985 stating that no bikes from over seas bigger than 750 to be allowed in the states because Harley couldn't compete with reliability. They lost my respect because instead of trying to be a beter company went for a low blow! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzlN2zC8PU This is even beter!