My 78 CB750F3 Super Sport Project

12345 ... 7

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko,if Anne Hathaway would be riding it with me...I'd build anything

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
This post was updated on .
Haha YM (Yo Mama)
78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

    I thought a lot of my wires were to old (heat) but tested good,plugs had to be replaced and contacts in plug from charging (stator)had to be replaced (rusted).Once you get them cleaned and understand were each one goes it's not so bad,NEW Harness Would be nice IF needed.

    Did you know that the real Batmoble used for filming was felt ,Showed better on(Blk.n Wht.) film then.
 You find the Guns n I'll get the felt  Don't see any Chrome there Rib's.May need a Triple Hack Job rear end though.

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
Piute wrote
I thought a lot of my wires were to old (heat) but tested good,plugs had to be replaced and contacts in plug from charging (stator)had to be replaced (rusted).Once you get them cleaned and understand were each one goes it's not so bad,NEW Harness Would be nice IF needed.

So how does one understand where each one goes?  Thats what I need.  If I knew that I would rip everything off the frame and rust proof it and paint it.
78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
Well, I keep my bike out on my friends property because I have no garage and havent had time to get back out there and get my carbs out of the soup so they soaked for 2 weeks instead of one.  I knew Chem Dip would eat varnish but I didn't know it would eat Aluminum  so I was surprised to see a pretty hefty coating of dark oxidation all over it. (extra week didnt help) I was pleased with the way it cleaned the jets, when I blew the jets out every one of them was clear and the throttle shaft was no longer siezed up.

78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
I was glad to find out the oxidation and sticky coating of Chem Dip would come off with water and scrubbing.  I took the carbs out on the driveway and turned the hose on slow and cleaned them out with a toothbrush.  There is still an oxidation coating on the aluminum but it should clean up with an acid based aluminum cleaner.

78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
Actually the PO had it completely rewired for $400, evidently they did it from scratch instead of using a harness, lol.
78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Ewww.I used Pinesol to clean my last set of carbs and it turned them the same wayI hit mine with some steel wool to clean them off. That acid based aluminum cleaner usually turns stuff white dont it?

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
shinyribs wrote
Ewww.I used Pinesol to clean my last set of carbs and it turned them the same wayI hit mine with some steel wool to clean them off. That acid based aluminum cleaner usually turns stuff white dont it?
Dont think so, I doubt if they could sell it if it did that.  I'm going to try this stuff called Toon Brite, they use it on aluminum pontoon boats to clean the oxidation off of them, supposed to leave just clean metal.
78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

If, you really want them to look good, soda, or bead blast them.

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Ah,cool. That sounds good. I gotta bud that used to wash trucks at the local TSA. The acid they used would turn a wheel snowflake white,but he could have it polished back out within a couple minutes. it was quite impressive to watch!

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

I tried soda blasting mine once....it left them all brown and sticky.

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
shinyribs wrote
I tried soda blasting mine once....it left them all brown and sticky.
Maybe someone put brown sugar in your soda bag, haha
78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

 I just used acetone, brass toothbrush then mothers mag polish on out-side of 2&3 carbs (same for inside but took more time due to parts .)cause painted 1&4 .

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Nah,I'm pretty sure it was the Dr Pepper that caused it. 23 flavors was just too much. I think I'll give root beer a go next time. Too fizzy???

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hellbilly429
Not if you shake the can a lot before opening it

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
Hellbilly429 wrote
Not if you shake the can a lot before opening it
Of course, how else are you going to blast it with your soda?!  And we wonder why it hasnt worked, LOL
78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
This post was updated on .
Pulling the slow jets out, trying to keep a straight steady pull twisting a little to help it come out but not rocking side to side so I dont break out the mount.  I managed to get all four of them out and bent every one of them but didn't break any of them. Yay!

78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hellbilly429
Lol, I love how optimistic you are

 "I managed to get all four of them out and bent every one of them but didn't break any of them. Yay!"

Re: My 78 CB750F Super Sport Project

Hoko
When you don't know what youre doing and you do something right , you celebrate! ha
78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX
12345 ... 7