My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

cardinal430
I am new to the form and just started posting but I suppose I should say something first.  Glad I stumbled upon this forum as I will need a good source of information. I'm a little ashamed of how I've neglected this bike, I had it during some dark chapters in life that I just wanted to close out, (insert whatever female name you would like here) I was young when I got it and didn't know much about how to restore / take care of it -not that I know that much more now but I'm older and wiser, let's see the Internet exists YouTube , forums and such,  and what am I  forgetting --oh MONEY! never had that when I was 20 years old. At any rate ever since the mid 90s this bike has been parked in various spots and mostly unattended to and forgotten about after I had laid it down, hurt it and myself a little. The café racer craze I've noticed in the last three or four years has got my attention back on the bike and I finally decided to pull it out and start cleaning it up, pick up the pieces and putting it back together. I guess I could call it Humpty Dumpty  Hoopdy.   It's The 1969 i've been asking about in my first initial posts.
    Okay I'm not that wise I can't figure out how to get the picture posted. I thought that the photos that I take with my iPad camera are JPEG , anyway this thing says photo is the wrong format. If someone can tell me how I will put the picture up. At least that's the short story of my bike (since I've had it) if I ever get to show it. I sure would like to find out it's history before me and find the other owners--anyone know if that's possible?

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

I can not tell you anything about finding out the bikes history, but since it is a K-1 model, I would strongly recommend restoring it, and not cafeing it.

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

cardinal430
How much is it worth in good condition?

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

How good is "good?"

Maz

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

Maz
Chaps, check out this ebay item number 131242395746 on ebay UK!!!

Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

I would have to second restoring a k1. At least keep it fairly stock without actually cutting anything.
Mods that you can easily reverse are fine since it is just bolting on parts. The k3-k6 are the best years to chop as they are the most common.

Anyways, we have the manual you need, it is big so it will take a bit of time to download, get the wiring diagram too cause I think we have it in color.

Well I would say "good" as defined by NADA or blue book if that sort of thing applies. This bike has a way to go to get to the good category in my opinion but maybe I'm too critical. You guys might think it's an easy project but again I can't figure out how to get my photos up.   I agree I won't permanently modify anything. Nothing that can't be swapped back wot original configuration. But does seem that the "original" route vs customizing will be much more of a challenge and costly. I'm wondering..... Would the value be decreased by putting 1973 parts that are almost identical or whatever year on the 69? I guess there will always be experts that can spot things like that.
Maz

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

You got that right Maz.

Little really changed over the years for the most part. Mostly bits of detail here and there. As Maz said, only the "experts" would care if you put on 76 handlebars, 73 tank, ect.

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

cardinal430
Thanks. I was looking at that "Yamia" website and can't make sense of how much anything costs there. Looks like it's all in Japanese Yen. And they want an arm and a leg for their stuff on eBay. But the paint jobs look absolutely gorgeous.

K0  1969
Maz

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

Maz
Did you check out the ebay item number in my other post?
I thought the guy was being a bit optimistic but it looks like he's taken a deposit on it!
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

motogrady

this is driving me nuts, not being able to see this thing

try this brother

hit reply, like you're gonna reply

on the space where it says "from my computer", click on that

a screen should come up, it might take a bit, showing different files in your computer

look in library, or my pictures, go thru all of them until the pics you want come up

click on the pic you want  a kind of address will fill the space from "my computer"

click on "big picture",  if it says it's too big, gtry again with a smaller resize choice

click on "insert"

wait

it takes a while sometimes

jpeg, bitmap, shouldn't matter

it should just pop up, or the address should, if and when it does hit "post message".

that's how it works for me

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

cardinal430
Oh yes I did and I actually signed up on eBay and PayPal because I figure one day there will just be no getting around using it. You are talking about the fork ears right?  Well from what I saw you can buy those at that set price at any time. Maybe not. I just got home from the road and tomorrow am headed to a cycle salvage that I visited all those years ago when I first got the CB. Hoping I can find some things I need there or maybe they know someone. This place is in Tulsa. I'll let y'all know what kind of goodies I find.
       On another note---  I found a detached solid brown wire ( smaller than the rest in the group) in the wire harness behind the headlight. Can't tell where it connects. ????  Haven't jumped into any diagrams yet.
Maz

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

Maz
This post was updated on .
No, I was referring to the 1970 K0 selling for £22,500 ($36,000)!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Honda-CB750-K0-Diecast-Classic-Vintage-Rare-SOLD-DEPOSIT-TAKEN-/131242395746?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e8ea80862
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

cardinal430
Wow that is truly amazing!  Thanks for pointing that out now I have something to shoot for . ha ha.
When I first saw it I thought that it had probably never been ridden but then saw it had almost 300 miles.

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

cardinal430
brought back from the salvage:  fork ears (headlight brackets ) an original Honda headlight case with chrome light bulb retaining rim, speedometer and a speedometer that I really don't need but bought because I couldn't find a tachometer.  Piles and Piles of bike parts in that place.

does this apply to a mac ?  sorry I didn't see your request to see my pics until now.  hadn't  seen much interest,,  I'll try again.

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

cardinal430
I don't see a space labeled " from my computer ".

Re: My barn find that was put in the barn by me.

Click "reply". Then "insert image". Then "browse".
12