Stator Flew off?

Ramiz09
Hey, everyone. Got a new stator from Ricks motor sports for my 79 CB750. Installed it in august and it ran like a champ! Put it away for 4 months to recover from wrist surgery. Came back to fire her up, all was fine. Went to twist the throttle to about 3 grand and the bike shut off. I looked down and this is what i saw. The rotor bolt came loose and wreaked havoc inside, destroying the cover and the brushes/ brush housing. The Rotor is chipped a bit. When i installed it, i used an air gun and it was on as tight as can be. Any ideas? why this would have happened?

Re: Stator Flew off?

Not what you want to hear, but if the bolt backed out then it must not have been tight enough. Maybe next time use some thread locking compound.

That seriously sucks, though!

Re: Stator Flew off?

I would like to see what is hidden under the cover. The rotor might have come apart. The bolt might still be in place, and tight.

Re: Stator Flew off?

Ramiz09 wrote
... I looked down and this is what i saw. The rotor bolt came loose and wreaked havoc inside...
I was going off of this. Sounds like he already pulled the cover and looked around. If not, yeah, could definitely be something else.