Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

***EDIT on 5-28-2016---- I am currently NOT able to make any more plugs at this time. I've been receiving emails about this and apologize for not being able to help you out. BUT!!! If you will read further down the thread you will see that Tools has been producing some tach plugs,so you may give him a shout. Thanks****
I've gotten three emails about these plugs so I decided to make a small batch. These plugs will fit either DOHC or SOHC. They don't have the mushroom-shaped you usually see on a SOHC, but I plan to make a couple of those soon.

They are aluminum. Brushed finished only. The o-ring is just there for a little extra protection since the tach seals are known to weep on some bikes,but it's not there as a replacement for a proper tach seal. These are hollow so you do not have to remove your existing tach drive to install them. Just slip them in and put the retaining bolt back in. Exposed groove is to pull them out with. Fingernails are much less abrasive than pliers.

Two styles:flat and domed. Both are $25 shipped anywhere a flat rate box will take it. Any other shipping will be extra.

Installed in a DOHC.

Installed in a SOHC.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

I made some of the typical mushroom shaped plugs for the SOHC. Same price at $25 shipped.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

masiste
Hi Shinyribs.

   I want one.  Send me the address info so I can send you the $25 bucks for a domed one.

   Nice.

750DOHC

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

masiste wrote
Hi Shinyribs.

   I want one.  Send me the address info so I can send you the $25 bucks for a domed one.

   Nice.
 Gotcha! Email sent. Thanks!

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

There are no domed plugs for DOHC's left at the moment.

Thanks to everyone that bought one!

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Truck
I know your out of the domed caps, got anything else that will fit a DOHC?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

I have two flat tops left for a DOHC.

 Not sure when I'll have a chance to make any more domed ones.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Yup. :) $25 even.

Shoot me an email when you get a chance and we'll get hooked up. Thanks bud.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

JustinM85
Hey guys. I'm new to the site. I just found this as an interesting topic. I have recently become the owner of a 1979 Honda 750F Super Sport and the housing of the tach drive gear is busted and have been looking for one EVERYWHERE. Yet you guys are deleting the cable and plugging the housing? Are you completely going away from the tach all together and wanting a cleaner look?

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Other then setting your idle, which can be better done with the tac on a dwell meter, or by ear, the tac is pretty much a useless instrument.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

The bike tachs can be off by as much as 500 rpm. So they really only give you a general idea of rpm. It's just the way it is. Speedos on bikes, even todays are off by as much as 10%.

My 06 fz reads about 5 mph high.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

I've got 3 people asking about plugs for DOHC bikes. I need to make another batch. Right now one person wants a domed and the other two want flats. If anyone else is interested give me a shout and I'll get it made up. Thanks.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

****ATTENTION TO WHOEVER ASKED ME FOR A DOHC TACH PLUG****

Someone emailed me and asked if I had stem nuts and also said you would like a domed tach plug. I apologize, but I've lost your email!

Your plug is ready. Contact me and I'll get it to you. Thanks!

ALSO! I made another small batch of flat topped plugs if anyone is needing one. I changed the design a touch. They still hold an extra o-ring and still slip over your speedo drive without you needing to remove anything. I just dished the flat top. Gives it a more finished look.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

PhilStubbs
Just messaged you, hopefully these plugs are still available

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

With Shiny's blessing, I have made some up. Same deal, $25.00 shipped. However if you want it polished, add $5.00 and I will polish it to a mirror finish.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

18Bravo
Hope my battery is charged on my work light. I gotta run outside and see if this'll work for a 500T.
This is similar to the starter plug I see (and bought) on eBay. Have you thought of selling them there?
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

Ebay fees would probably eat up any profit that could be made. With the work involved $25.00 shipped is a really good deal. I think the 500T should be the same as a 450T. These are 15mm, I have a 450 engine stashed under the work bench that I could test it with, however if you could send me the end off an old tac cable that goes into the drive, I could make one using it as a pattern.

Re: Tach Plugs For Sale- DOHC & SOHC

PhilStubbs
Natural finish is just fine for me. I'll probably powder coat it to match my valve cover. Do you use PayPal for transactions?
1234