To cafe or not to cafe?

mike piwinski
A few weeks ago I bought a non running 1976 750ss.I bought the bike to get it running and re sell it.I need the money but I like the bike.I'm thinking I'm keeping it.I sent the carbs out today and expect them back in about a week.I've cleaned and polished the bike to the 9's it sharp!I'll have the body work in primer by thre end of the day Saturday.
  I can paint it an original color and have a very cool 12,00 mile,76 ss.There is value to being done!Or Do I cafe it?I kinda like the idea of a cafe racer.I also like being done.Also is it wrong to alter a very nice orignal bike.I mean,well you guys on site like this must feel my delima.
 If I cafe it it will take time and money but when I'm done it would be waaaay cool!Sitting on the fence.Shiny Mikecloser!

Re: To cafe or not to cafe?

Piute
   A Question we all put thru are head I believe ,Half Cafe well his name says it all,Myself I'm painting and adding all I wont to bag it out for touring ,but am going to be able to strip it down to look like local cruzzer ,
if ya no what I mean,
   You can cafe it out and not hurt it at all IF you don't hurt the frame but then thats what they have welders for,SAVE all your stock parts ,

Re: To cafe or not to cafe?

Half-Caf
Go for the Half-Caf: fashion and function...
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: To cafe or not to cafe?

mike piwinski
 If go cafe I would want to go pretty much all the way.At least bars, pegs, seat and tank.My 82 gs 1100e has low bars its not, but it reminds me off a cafe bike.

Re: To cafe or not to cafe?

I love the cafe look.I am planning on building a more "comfortable" bike for everyday use when im done with my cafe.I sat on a similar sized bike in town that had the "rear sets" style foot pegs.I didnot like them at all.Felt like you were falling over.Other than that i am going full cafe on mine.Of course,Halfcaf's bike is pretty durn nice,too.Tough call really.If its not your ONLY bike,id say go fer it!