bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
Hey all new to the forum i have a 82 cb750c that will not rev past 5000 rpm.  I have rebuilt carbs but at an idle or while riding it loses all power past 5000 rpm.  And when you let off it will die. please help i dont know where to go from here.

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

gkmaia
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
no it was acting up thats why i rebuilt the carbs'

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

Did you mix up the pilot, and main jets when you put it back together?

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
I put everything back the way it came apart. It's an 82 750c

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

It is common to mix up the jets on those carbs. We have had guys on here do before. If the jets are in the right places, has the intake been changed?

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
How would I be able to tell if they are in the wrong place   I didn't think they could be mixed up they seem to be different threads

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

On those DOHC carbs they have the same thread. To find out if they are mixed up just look at the little numbers stamped into them. The bigger number goes on the brass holder.

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
Ok I'll have to take the carbs back off but I'll check that out

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
The 102 is in the brass holder and 68 is in the other one

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

OK that's correct. How about the rubber diaphragms on the slides? Any pin holes, or tears?

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
The slides in top of the carb or the little diaphragms on the side

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

I was referring to the ones on the slides in the top, but how are the other ones (air cut valves)?

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
The side ones look good but I don't believe there is any in the top I guess that good be my problem. Do You have a pic that I could reference.

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

Here is where I get mine when I need them. http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
Wow ya those are not even in there thanx for the tip hopefully that will fix my issues

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce wrote
Wow ya those are not even in there thanx for the tip hopefully that will fix my issues

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

The Honda CV's don't use diaphragms like that. There's a hard,plastic ring where the cap sits down on top of the carb bodies. No rubber diaphragms. The only diaphragms on these CV's are the air cut-off vlaves and the accel. pump. Check out the FSM.

If you take the bike out and make it do this try pulling the choke to see what changes,if anything.

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

mightymounce
I've tried messing with the choke but it just makes it worse

Re: bike wont rev past 5000prm

shinyribs wrote
The Honda CV's don't use diaphragms like that. There's a hard,plastic ring where the cap sits down on top of the carb bodies. No rubber diaphragms. The only diaphragms on these CV's are the air cut-off vlaves and the accel. pump. Check out the FSM.

If you take the bike out and make it do this try pulling the choke to see what changes,if anything.
Ooooops My bad. You got me. However in my defense, I only use DOHC CV carbs for target practice.