carb kits for a .79 dohc?

motogrady
Administrator

I wanna do mine.
Diaphrms, springs, acc pump and all.
Any recommendations on a kit having enough for all 4 instead of doing it piece by piece?

Thanks in advance to my fellow hondaheads.

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

Look on ebay for a seller "cruzinimage" He has some really nice kits. I have gotten them from him for other bikes, but don't know about the DOHC kits though.

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

RodneyCB750K1979
I bought all I needed from Parts N More.  Four Carb rebuild kits, Four Air Cut Off Valve kits, One Carb pump kit, Four Rubber Passage Plugs. I also bought English and Metric Nitrile O-Ring assortments from Harbor Freight.  Good luck.

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

Beekeeper
I have the Randakk kit for the 79 VB42B carbs, which were on the 750F model.  I ended up not using it because I picked up another bank of carbs.  Look at his site and see if it has everything you want.

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

Ruben
This is a seller I have been looking at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-cb750-honda-cb750L-cb750K-cb-750-k-L-carburetor-CARB-REPAIR-REBUILD-KITS-x4-/290860723942?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b8a66ee6&vxp=mtr

But I eventually got a large part of the kit from my local dealer who had some left. They were TourMax just like these: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/230916738292?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_711wt_1163

Fitted my '78 DOHC CB750KZ. Except for the large O-ring I couldn't place. I did need to order some extra o-rings for the fuel rails though.

If you have the money you could also go here and look at whatever original parts they still have: http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750kz-1979-four-general-export-kph_model14722/partslist/E18-1.html#results

Ruben
- CB750K(z) '80
- BMW K100RT '88

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

Hoosier Daddy
 Randakks.com linky
I bought his complete O/H kit for my GL1100 and will definately be buying one for my CB
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

Beekeeper
I even have the Mike Nixon booklet.  Comes in handy.   Still looking for the GL Hoosier Daddy.  Can't seem to get that fat girl of yours out of my minds eye.  I had another one staked out, but while trying to convince the guy he didn't need his asking price, someone swooped in a rode it away!  Rats!

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

Lucky 1
Ranakk's grips are killer!
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

motogrady
Administrator

hey guys, look at this.

knocked them down, ha, pilots are, from 1 to 4, 70, 75, 75, 75, 75.

the mains, 70, 108, 185, 105.

broke off one screw that holds down accel pump cover, need a tap for that.

3 of the pilot juts are plastic.  the 75s.

want to get the pressed in pilot jets out, but am at a loss at this point on how.

i want this thing to idle at about a grand.

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

motogrady

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

motogrady
Administrator

I'm thinking, after looking around, bring all the pilots up to 75.

With the mains, using the 4 in 1 in the above pic, I'm thinking 4 new 110s to start.

While I'm in there , I checked the cam chains, one was loose a s crap.
Figured it was agood time, the carbs out and all.
Loosened the 2 acorn nuts, blipped the starter, and it tightned right up.

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

motogrady
Administrator
if you notice the hair, I think a cat or 2 was using the rag for a bedsheet before I grabbed it.
we gave a few of them a place to winter in, don't like seeing anything suffer, but
they sure are a pain in the .......ah...........valvetrain.

after seeing what is up, it looks like it's just gonna be a trip to the dealer for some jets.

i hope.

thanks all for the input  laTER GRADOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

motogrady

Re: carb kits for a .79 dohc?

Tools has a trick to getting pressed in jets out. Looks pretty easy to do.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Removing-pressed-in-Pilot-Jets-from-Keyhole-carbs-td4036674.html