cb750 chopper

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank

Voting time!
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

I love the first one. The sportster tank has been done to death.

Re: cb750 chopper

I'm with Tools. The Sportster tank actually fits the angle of your frame nicely, but you do see a lot of them. The blue tank looks nice, is unique and probably holds more fuel. What is it from?

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
The blue tank is from someone's uncles barn.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

Truck
I'm with the blue, never have been a fan of squarish tanks.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: cb750 chopper

The blue tank is off a 1974 Harley Z-90. Biggest piece of crap motorcycle ever built. I had a 74 model when I was a kid and the thing broke every time I rode it.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

That seat looks super comfy.  Did you punch those louvers yourself? Any tips?

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Yeah I did. Its easy at work with a punch and die on a punch press.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
What kind of oil pressure should I have. On start up it was about 70psi
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

I would say 70PSI is sufficient.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I dont think my charging system is working. I pulled the battery lead and it dies, I pulled the alt lead and I cant get a reading its real iratic! And not to mention there doesn't seem to be any more volts to the battery after its running.

Needs the helps.
 Also I didnt wire this bad boy up so I dont know exactly if it was done correctly.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

These bikes must have a battery connected to run. The charging system must have a charge to magnetize the stator. As for checking, you must have the engine RPM at 2000+ before they charge. You want 13-14.5 volts.
Here is simplified wiring diagram, I hope it helps.

Re: cb750 chopper

Hahaha! Your buddy was having a great time filming that! Man, I miss kick starts. :(

Bike is looking and sounding good bud. Keep it up!

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I got the "honda honk" print out. Now I is just looking to make sure. Fucking greasy fingers  dont touch pad weell.  Maybe I wont worry untill I can run it down the street.
Sucks is I plan on running this down to the smoke out in rockingham in 3 weeks... I thought ihad more time this round as I didnt have to mount a motor into a frame and build  controls... my shit may hit the fan! Also I sold all my other feasible bikes to, MAKE MONEY MONEY. MAKE MONEY MONEY!
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Cleaned the shop a little today cuz I wasn't sure what to work on... new used drill press and a birthday new bench vise.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Woops. Tooquick with the buttons.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I dont know... gots the r's upnd its more erratic as well. Eryting seem good wired. We'll see I guess.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I'mI think we fixed the electrics. That damn black wire off the solenoid got connected to the black wire off the regulator and then grounded...that aint gonna work. I'm pretty sure that it was the previous owner cuz we didnt mess with any of that at first. But old connections were made new and replaced the 30 amp fuse holder with a nice one. Better battery lead. And so on. And all the jets came today.
wisconsin
1234