cb750 chopper

Re: cb750 chopper

Well someone mounted it upside down. Also the attitude is not needed. I was only trying to help you get your brakes working.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Its more ,  exclamation then attitude.  Sorry dude.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

Fight fight fight!!! lol

The written (or typed) word is the worst way to communicate. Tone, dialect, sarcasm, etc are lost and easily misunderstood.

Anyway, yeah, everything Tools said. Bleeder had to be at the top, at least while you're bleeding it. But that's a very interesting brake set up. Looks like a homemade rotor?

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Yeah I dont have a clue what its off of originally or if the master and the caliper SHOULD  be mated together, never did the math and dont remember how to anyway. Just gotta try the few things suggested and go from there. If i can't get it working, there is nothing I can do by this weekend which is when I am supposed to leave for rockingham NC.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

Your rear caliper is a stock 69-76 CB750 front caliper. Your master cylinder looks like a mid to late 70's Sportster piece.

Do what tools said. Take the lid of the mc and pump the brake fluid in through the calipers,bleed screw. An old pump type oil can works good, but I've started using syringes from Tractor Supply. They sell them over in the vet section. Two pack for $3. Tale a look, some of the syringes have different tips. I but the ones that have s really coarse thread on the end.

Something else to consider (maybe not now,but in the future) IMHO I would rather have a stock drum out back than a disc. The stock drums are STRONG when adjusted and cared for properly. And they dont freaking squeal!  Edit- Invader rim...nvmd.

Do you care much about your frame paint? Flip the dang caliper right side up, pump the fluid in thru the bleeder screw, then bleed the old fashioned way a few cycles just for good measure. You'd have to sort out a brake stay, but you're handy, you already know that.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I got it all blead. But this brakes system isn't matched well. I can barely get  any leverage... if you could stand on the pedal you could stop great probably.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Off the stand cb750: https://youtu.be/n3VtyVLcGZc
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank wrote
 I can barely get  any leverage... if you could stand on the pedal you could stop great probably.
That caliper is matched up with a 14mm master cylinder originally,which is a little under 9/16'. IF your rear m/c is a Sporty then it should be a 5/8'' bore or, even worse, a 3/4'' bore. <-That, combined with what looks like a pretty short linkage arm, eats up all of the leverage you got, like you said. Bummer. Time to make a big pedal so you can make your ride on time.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Strap a wood block to it ifs a haves too
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Smoked a clutch cable real bad last night I guess, forgot to zip tie it away from the exhaust. Only have a stock lenth to replace it with. So I had to change bars out. It works. Jetted it 3 times and its running real rapey! Waiting on filters to final tune it. Gotta still  work on the brakes alittle but its moblie
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank

Made the first trek to work
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I cant seem to get this thing to richen up.
I got uni foam filters
Drag pipes
120 mains
And 40 pilots (its all I have on hand)
Its seems like it ran better before I got the air filters yesterday
Plugs are white as a ghost.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

I ran 125's & 42's on both of my previous SOHC's. Worked great with pods and open-ish pipes.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Went to the bike shop yesterday and picked up some 130's and 140 mains.
Had them size my pilots and it does  appear someone has drilled them out. About to 53.
So with only running it in the garage cuz of rain...
140  main with 53 slow jet is black soot rich.
Getting out early today when the rain stops I can get some road tests and try the 130's.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I seem to be losing fuel at speeds 65 and over. Or its intermittent spark. can be humming along and then I start getting a lean condition. If I clutch it or stop and go I can "clear it" and start humming along again. It seems to me that lower speeds are better at not acting up
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

Tuck your legs close to the carbs when it acts up at high speeds. Or choke it about halfway and see what it does. If either of those clears up your high speed issue then it's crosswind issues. In my experience that is the ONLY issue I've ever seen on a SOHC with pods, otherwise they do just fine. It gets worse the colder it is, for some reason. Wind shield your outer pods and rock on.

Or you could be fouling plugs. Anything over 125 is pretty darned big for a stock engine. Figure your bike probably come with 108's. 130+ is BIG. Heck, even 125 may be too big. My '76 F liked 125's. My '74 K was a little fat with them. 115's made it happy. Never used anything above a 42 pilot,though. JME.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
It looked like new points and condenser s so I didnt mess with them but in west Virginia it started miss firing on all cylinder s. Clean the points it wS good for a tank of fuel. Then bad. Put old points plate some guy had along and it ran without a hitch all the way from rockingham nc to chilton wisconsin. Starting to get a head gasket leak on number 1 now.
wisconsin
1234