tyre pressures

spanners
hi gent,s
just after some info on what tyre pres you guys run????
my bikes a 79\80 cb750f dohc
100\90\19 front 120\90\18 rear
just got bike imported from canada
to the uk
never seen tyres that bold?? front no tread what so ever
rear just the inprint of a tread
will post some pics when i work out how
anybody can fix the problem but what about the couse

Re: tyre pressures

rrgunslinger
I run 32 psi in the front and 36psi in the back (tubes).  I believe alot of this is up to the rider. Every tire is different. You could call it  black magic.  The side wall will tell you the max pressure.  Just don't go over that.
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:38 AM, spanners [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi gent,s
just after some info on what tyre pres you guys run????
my bikes a 79\80 cb750f dohc
100\90\19 front 120\90\18 rear
just got bike imported from canada
to the uk
never seen tyres that bold?? front no tread what so ever
rear just the inprint of a tread
will post some pics when i work out how
anybody can fix the problem but what about the couse

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/tyre-pressures-tp4022886.html
To start a new topic under Honda CB750'S, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Honda CB750'S, click here.
NAML

American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: tyre pressures

The best pressure to run, is what the book specifies.  If you do not have the owner's manual, try the FSM, from the home page of this site.  There were variations in tire pressure, based on model/year, so, again, the book is your friend.

There have been discussions on what tires to buy, so if you are looking for recommendations, check out the Pirelli MT66 Route tires.  They have plenty of customer comments available to read (search the Internet for reviews).  I believe they are sold just about everywhere, but I could be wrong.  They are tubeless, but I run tubes in them, and have done so for five years, riding two-up, full saddlebags, full trunk, and a full tank bag, in the rain -- superb tire, only thing I run on, on three different bikes, including my heavy Voyager touring machine!  Cheers!

Re: tyre pressures

The owners manual is a good place to start. But different tire brands and profile require different pressures. I have Shinko 712's and run 42psi front on a 100/90/19 and 40psi rear on a 120/90/18.

Re: tyre pressures

spanners
thank,s gent,s
i,ll have a play with the press
im the lighter side of 16st
so well start soft and go from there

also anybody have some engine bar,s ect
anything chrome
i was a magpie
in another life
anybody can fix the problem but what about the couse