GME plunger- It lives!...sorta

12345 ... 12

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

lostson
 I wanna hear that thing run!

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Me too bud. Tired to start it before I bought it. It spit and sputtered then ran for about 10 or 15 seconds. Nothing seemed to knock or rattle and the oil pressure shot up OK before it died back down. Come to find out the "gone thru carbs" are pretty rough. Gone thru carbs: gone thru a dust bowl apparently! Oh well,it just gives me more to play with I suppose.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

clyde the ape
I love these spikes for the valve covers

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/mcy/3167855745.html

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Hellbilly429
If those indicator lights are too bright then you can always use that lens fogging paint to tint them so they don't blind you.

Have you tried cross-referencing those plugs online or at a parts store? Should be able to do that to find the right plugs. This is what I came up with online for the ngk brand, NGK: DP7EA-9.

Got it from this site http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/CHAMP_PN/A8YC

I'd say leave the oil cooler and see how it runs and goes, maybe the bike runs a little warm and needs it? But it looks like it should be there so I would leave it

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Wow! Thanks bud. I hadnt had time to fool with the plugs yet,but now you went and did the homework for me. Thanks man.I appreciate that. I think you're right on the oil cooler. I laughed when i first saw it and shook my head. My Dad was like "What?!" I just pointed and said "Really?" Dad: " It's cool,not just a cooler...its cool"Words of wisdom,I suppose.

I was thinking about that VIN number while at work today. Wonder if an add on Craigslist could find the guy who first built this bike? It'd be cool to see how much got changed or left alone through the years. And just to talk to the guy. Probably be a waste of time really

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

What do ya think about these tires? Anybody ever run them? Black wall on the back or white wall-Whaddya think?
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/31/401/6206/ITEM/Shinko-Classic-240-Blackwall-Tire.aspx

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Black wall would be period correct. White wall would be too new looking, and not look right.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

I agree. Now go convince my Pops. He wants white walls on this thing. Even on the front! I cant go that

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Here I was beginning to think your Pops was pretty cool. Why is that old guys are always doing old guy things? It's a full time job trying to keep my buddy from making his CB 750 look like an old man owns it.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Hellbilly429
no problem bud, maybe u should buy those white wall tires then dye them blue to match the bike

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

TOOLS1 wrote
Here I was beginning to think your Pops was pretty cool. Why is that old guys are always doing old guy things? It's a full time job trying to keep my buddy from making his CB 750 look like an old man owns it.
TOOLS
Careful bud. I know you just racked up another birthday...I dont think my ''old'' man is much older than yourself...maybe younger?

Blue walls ,eh?LOL . Sounds like something you get when a date doesnt go as planned

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Hellbilly429
You know for a man of god your mind tends to wander to the gutter a lot, or maybe even stay there and it just wanders out on sundays? Idk man, lol. Guess it takes a sick guy to make sick bikes so keep up the good work

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Ouch!  I am a man of God, but I am still just a man. I'm not made of stone and I don't claim to be. Sorry about the gutter comments. Just being me: an imperfect Christian. :)

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Piute

  Don't worry they will only be white when you put them on ,1 run and there covered with chain oil on left side right sides to hard to clean so it will get there too.
                                           CANDY STRIPE"S

Vintage Goodyear Speed Grip MT 90 - 16 Motorcycle polyestor tire with a Double white wall

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

pat english
i still say it looks like a jammer frame tho..heres a pic f an ironhead amen frame i had..notice the rear plunger section looks more boxy and squared off?...i know for sure my frame was an amen becuase it had patent and serial numbers on it and i looked them up..i dont remember all the details tho..it was a few years ago.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

check out this thread on honda chopper:
(its going to redirect you..just click on it and check it out.)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/PraiseCaster/Chopper%20Build/20120512_125746.jpg&imgrefurl=http://hondachopper.yuku.com/reply/399331/Re-Plunger-Frame-I-D-&usg=__oPWW0C8oWzQe9Ir_j5yj3qdaJuo=&h=480&w=640&sz=246&hl=en&start=8&zoom=1&tbnid=-udJbdQbv7DZIM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&ei=L80mUInnJZCbjALGqoDQCg&prev=/search?q=jammer+plunger+frame&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbm=isch&um=1&itbs=1

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

pat english
or its possibly a gme frame..still good tho..everyone just calls plunger frames from the 70's "amen frames"..because they were the most popular(i think..i wasnt born at the time)
Photobucket

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Yeah,I really dont know either. The axle doesn't set center of the springs,but all the Jammer setups seem to have a different axle plate than mine. I really have no clue what it is. But I do like that double white wall. That would pretty cool on the right bobber.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

That does more like it. The housing around my rear springs dont have those tabs ,though. The rear motor mount bracket on the right side is solid to the frame on mine,only the left side comes off. And the factory upper front mount is not used at all. I dont understand that,but probably where I'll mount my controls when time and $$$ allow

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Pat,where would I look for a number on this thing to see what it is?

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

My top clamp on the tree is busted one side.The other side has already been welded. PO had washers in the slots to keep them from clamping to tight ???? I have no clue. But the deal is I really dig the looks of this thing and would just weld it back up but Im scared it would just break again. Anybody know what this thing is off of?

On a good note,I robbed all the new bearings I had bought for hackjob (wheels and steering) and started putting them on here. Come to find out it already had tapered steering bearings. Happy,happy-joy,joy! Dig the spanner wrench. I do.

12345 ... 12