GME plunger- It lives!...sorta

1234567 ... 12

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Ok,thanks bud. I didnt know if they were differences in the OD of the seal. And these dust covers are so ugly,but I suppose I'm stuck with them. It's either that or 24'' gaitors

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Use the gators that Cycle-X sells, that fit tight to the fork tube, then put the fork brace on just above them. That's how they were done back in the 60's-70's. Looks really cool.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Like this?

Tossed the unicorn??? top clamp for the one off my 78K.Cut off the unused bits and polished her up. Replaced the huge ulgy head light ears with some real chrome ones I got from Alfa750. Slowandugly hooked my up with fork seals and gaitors for Hackjob. Even though they were 81C fork seals they fit prefect. Gaitors fit just right,too. Glad Pat mentioned tossing the unicorn thing.Looks much cleaner now

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

lostson
 Looks great man, excellent work. Watching this thread I am starting to lean back to tweaking mine out 70's style. Love the look of that day and age.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Thanks man. Yeah,I agree about that style. I was born in '80,so before my time,but i still dig it. The bikes of 'my time' are stretched out crotch rockets.no thanks...

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Hellbilly429
Crotch rockets are all plastic anyways, not much to customize other than the paint unless you have the ability to make plastic molds that big... Real bikes are metal and customizable

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

That's looking good. Looks like it came right out of a 70's biker flick. However I just noticed those gaudy hand grips. They have to go!!!!!

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Hellbilly429 wrote
Crotch rockets are all plastic anyways, not much to customize other than the paint unless you have the ability to make plastic molds that big... Real bikes are metal and customizable
Well said bud. I love looking at the wall o chrome and decals at the bike dealerships. Chrome plated plastic for the cruisers,and 'aggressive' decal kits for the sport bikes.Yo know,like skulls and stuffAnyway,all that junk hangs on the wall under a sign that says "Custom Parts". Really? Custom? I didn't know custom had a part number....

Tools.C'mon man! I did what you wanted on the fork gaitors. The polishing was Pats fault. (Hellbilly was cool with the black BTW) and now you want grips?! Are ya'll ever happy?!?!

For real though,those grips suck

 I gotta pick out tires for this thing. I had a real two weeks at work so I'm gonna go ahead and get this thing going SOON! What type works best on these things?

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

There is a guy with a set of Invaders who wants to trade for 16 and 21 inch spokes. That would be me :)
Only thing is,Invaders dont have a front brake.Is the ANY way to put a brake on an Invader?

Question: would you swap spokes for Invaders? Here is a pic of the actual wheels he wants to trade.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Invaders are period correct. However I do not think they would go very well on your bike. Most guy's could not afford them, and they were mostly used on high dollar custom bikes. Yours was nice in the day, but not a real high dollar custom. Notice that a lot of stock parts were used in the build. Also I just think they would look cheesy.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Hellbilly429
They seem a little big and gaudy for your bike, like if you had that whicked long of a rake and stretched out chopper they would look fine, but on your bike I would probably pass them up, especially since there's no front brake and safety has to come before style if you plan on riding the bike.

A set of these would be nice

I still say powdercoat those spokes black and red, can't find a pick of exactly what I am talking about but this is the closest I could find

And I'm not quite sure what you're getting at with the skulls and stuff bud, so I'm gonna let that one slide, lol

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Tools and Thrillbilly,I agree. It's just hard to pass up a 'free' set of Invaders. I'm pretty sure I could get a rotor attached to that wheel,but that pretty much kill the look. Besides,they put brakes on bikes so you could go fast.Otherwise you'd have to poke along.

I dropped a wad of cash at the shop with Eric today. Plugs,4' of plug wire,float bowl gaskets,chain(124 links is pricey)and new sprockets,m/c kit and front brake pads. Ouch. My pull throttle cable was bad,so he's making me a new cable to go in my sleeve. He gave me the clutch perch in those pics the other day. It's off some old dirtbike,but the stock Honda clutch lever fit it just right. Speaking of which,somebody is fixing up my levers all cool like for me. Not exactly sure what he's gonna do with them,but I'm pretty excited to see what he comes up with. All I gotta do is save up some more cash and pick out what tires to run. I gotta find someone who needs a roll cage so I can pick up some ca$h.Any takers?

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Oh yeah, I pulled the old dry rotted oil lines off tonight and cleaned up this adapter. Not sure if I want to go back with rubber hose and hose clamps or not,but I dont really have the budget for anything else right now. So while I'm piddling around just cleaning up parts I was wondering if anyone would have a need for a pattern of this thing. I know they're not super expensive,but hey,a penny saved,right?

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

You know if, you had a scanner, you could just scan it, and download a jpeg of it. Then all anyone would need to do, is print out the pattern.

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Yeah,like I understood that I dont suppose Kansas City Motorcycle Emporium would happen to have a set of raked trees hiding somewhere do they????

BTW,that pic is actual size...

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

No, no raked triple trees. Could check with another source later this week though. Why do you need raked trees? Also that picture may be actual size, but it would be different if, you used it as a pattern.
And ask yourself "why would that guy want to trade those gawdy invaders, for my cool spokes?"

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

lol. I was just being a smart a$$ about the actual size thingOn the raked trees,I think this thing needs the front wheel pushed out further. It's the one thing I'm not real crazy about on this bike. Probably out of my budget anyway.

And the reason he wanted to swap invaders fer spokes is cuz his wife wouldn't ride without a front brake.Smart girl...

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

I robbed the transmission lines off the Old Bomb tonight ( it ain't going anywhere)and made them into my new oil lines.Yeah,the ends dont match,but you cant be picky when your recycling. Gonna vulturize some more tomorrow for the oil cooler lines

Re: Just got home with my new toy....Can I get an AMEN!?

Those look good, but are not period correct. Whats next, billet?

1234567 ... 12